[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Eminem still "cool"? Do teenagers today give a shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: eminem_wallpaper_for_computer.jpg (481 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
eminem_wallpaper_for_computer.jpg
481 KB, 1920x1200
Is Eminem still "cool"?
Do teenagers today give a shit about him?
>>
They don't.
Only the heads still care about him, or at least about his early releases.
>>
Don't know, but I do know he's still a great example of hip hop for people who don't like or listen to hip hop.
>>
File: 747.gif (826 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
747.gif
826 KB, 320x240
>mfw somebody tells me he is the best rapper of all time

Why are wiggers so fucking pathetic?
>>
>>63881585
>wiggers
Usually the people who hate on him actually. Chances are your favourite rapper ranks him at his top 3.
>>
>>63881779
that's because they have to
>>
>>63881779
>implying Lethal Bizzle likes M&Ms
>>
>>63881822
>that's because they have to
Really? Who put the gun to their head?
>>
>>63881822
In the same way they "have" to respect Biggie and Pac? I don't think Eminem has the same status.

>>63881841
Don't know him honestly.
>>
>>63881887
>he doesn't know about Lethal Bizzle the greatest and denchest rapper of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mcGJA7-HeM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pTPHU2g4Ws
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apTrcC0YicM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iU3jcjdE5E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzU5Q4uI3iw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USKvZevcXUM
>>
>>63881209
All the respect for Em, I don't know why he gets so much hate from /mu/, he's not so much into music as before but all his work is fucking amazing, the ones who say he's not so good probably only listened to a few songs by him.
>>
>>63881982
>all his work is fucking amazing
>summa lumma dooma looma
>>
>>63882014
>considers rap god a representative song of Eminem
that's why you hating on him, you only listen to the new stuff
>>
>>63882014
It's a reference you know
>>
>>63882165
>all his work
>don't listen to his new work!
>>
>>63882181
Rap God is not representative of his new work though.
>>
>>63882181
I'm not saying that you shouldn't listen to his new work, I definitely recommend it but you'll get a better understanding of it if you know his old stuff.
>>
>>63881585
i've literally never met a black hip-hop fan who dislikes eminem. the only people who shit on him are white.
>>
he was the shit back in the early 2000s, all his new stuff is just boring
>>
Eminem is certainly a talented rapper, but he's definition of a tryhard. That's why he can never be great
>>
>>63882511
>i've literally never met a black hip-hop fan who dislikes eminem
That's oxymoron unless those black hip hop fans you know grew up in the suburbs.
>>
Eminem said he wants to move to my town or something. It's not even a big place, he just thinks we "work hard" here. It's probably because he saw The Fighter or something
>>
As far as I know he's still ingrained in suburban culture, so he'll always have a large fanbase to fall back on
>>
Lethal Bizzle > Eminem
>>
He's always been a great rapper but his songwriting ability has always lacked. He's released some good stuff though for sure.

I think I'd like him more if it wasn't for his cancerous fanbase as shitty as that sounds.
>>
Literally only people in Metro Deteoit care about Em.
>>
>>63881209
Hes simply just aged. Hes not relevant anymore so of course teens dont give a shit because they arent anticipating anything from him. Hes had his run and it was a damn good one but his time has past. If he came out with his older shit but in this day and age he would be just as big. But if he didnt grow with his music he would have just been a one trick pony. Thats why theres so much disconnect between older hip hop heads and younger ones because the older ones are attached to the Em that they grew up on and want to force it down the youths throat but the younger ones see his recent shit and disregard him. But there are still a lot of kids that fuck with his older shit.

>i was born with a dick in my brain, yeah fucked in the head

gets me every time haha
>>
>>63883449
Relapse may just have been his best album
>>
>>63881417
>heads
>>
Hes popular among le wrong generation kids because he debuted in the 90s. A lot still do, but i think more teens care about kendrick lamar, drake, mac miller and mackelmore.
>>
>>63881585
>Why are wiggers so fucking pathetic?

Actually the people that overrate him are middle class cacs that know fuck all about rap.

>>63881779
Unlikely

>>63882511
There are many black hip hop fans that dislike eminem, no one likes when a group of people(in this case cacs) come into a genre they know nothing about and have no hisyory in and arrogantly crown the first person that looks like them the king of the genre. Most black hip hop fans dont hate eminem they just hate how much cacs overrate him
>>
>>63886224
>arrogantly crown the first person that looks like them the king of the genre
Wow, nice to know Beastie Boys and Vanilla Ice aren't white
>>
>>63886285
Beastie boys are almost as overrated as eminem
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.