[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
discount CDs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: cd_duplication2.jpg (19 KB, 422x282) Image search: [Google]
cd_duplication2.jpg
19 KB, 422x282
hey guys, starting to collect cds here because i'm trying to get more high quality music files, anyone know where I can get cheap cds online? maybe something like humble bundle for video games? thanks in advance homies
>>
File: Capture.png (430 KB, 622x635) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
430 KB, 622x635
>>
>>63881185
amazon.com
discogs
eBay
local record stores websites?? i don'treally know about that last one.
good luck tho
>>
>>63881185
>collect cds here because i'm trying to get more high quality music files
>>
>>63883243
CDs offer MP3s from 800 to 1600 kbps on average. So yes they are high quality. OP you'll find excellent CD deals on Amazon, Discogs, and in record stores. I recommend the latter most of all but Amazon is great if you're looking for something specific.
>>
>>63881185
rutracker and FLAC rips

all the stuff you're bothering to buy is easily available
>>
>>63883343
Nothing wrong with building a physical collection + supporting artists
>>
just get vinyl like every other hipster
>>
>>63884087
>buying second hand
> supporting artist
>>
>>63884113
Vinyl is actually too mainstream now
some of my friends are collecting CDs instead
cassettes are better than both desu
>>
>>63884188
> not buying all your music on 8track
>>
>>63884145
k I'm assuming not all CD buys would be secondhand. New releases for instance.
>>
>>63884188
>cassettes are better than both desu
AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
There aren't a whole lot of them around anymore, but if you can make it out to a local record/music store you can sometimes find some good deals there if you take the time to look. Some places will sell cd's for like ~$2 each.

Look around at yard sales and flea markets and the ilk too; you'll mostly find stuff that's really mainstream (not sure what you're looking for) but they can sometimes be at really cheap prices. Probably just make sure the disc isn't too scratched up if you get them from those places.
>>
>>63884747
theoretically magnetic tape has the greatest "bitrate" and dynamic range compared to CD and Vinyl. The problem is magnetic forces from speakers effect the quality of the tape and cause noise. And in the early and late periods of tape production the chemical formulas in the tape is cheap and can degrade. This is caused by inexperience in the format and a way to cut costs to compete with CD.

That is why if you are going to bother with cassettes make your own recordings. Your speakers can only really cause noise on the tape when they are turned on and their is a spike in magnetic forces. Just be careful.
>>
>>63885481
Well, that's just naming one of the many disadvantages of that cassettes regarding sound quality.
>>
>>63885551
Its still a worthwile format. Just remember.

>Buy good tapes
>Keep electronic magnetic forces away
>Use good equipment
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.