[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Matangi that bad? Is Kala that good? Hype for her next album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_lmmn3da5mi1qgdw04o1_500.png (304 KB, 500x473) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lmmn3da5mi1qgdw04o1_500.png
304 KB, 500x473
Was Matangi that bad?

Is Kala that good?

Hype for her next album?
>>
>>63880574
She is my favorite artist, and her best album is Arular. Matangi and Kala are fucking great though, but Kala is kind of a more polished version of Arular, whereas Matangi is a whole different thing
>>
>>63880612
I wouldn't say Kala is a more polished Arular, if anything it's rougher. I think that Kala is worldwide sonically, whereas Arular is worldwide conceptually. Arular's sound is very different to Kala's. I don't think she had the resources to create something like Kala at first try, so we got Arular instead. I ain't complaining though. It's a classic debut.
>>
>>63880593
Ebin /pol/ memes friend
>>
>>63880612
what about MAYA?
>>
>>63880574
>>63880871
kala is def a more polished arular

pretty pics though
>>
>>63880871
>>63880574
what a shitty skin is she?
>>
>>63881511
>anything I disagree with is /pol/
nice meme
>>
>this thread
>>
>>63882121
Tamil

As far as brown skins goes Tamils are pretty much the darkest
>>
>>63882167
>uses /pol/ memes to express as /pol/ viewpoint
>act like a victim when called out
>>
>>63882188
>tfw no Diplo x M.I.A. ever again
>tfw probably no Switch production on M.I.A.'s next album either
the old squad is truly broken up now
>>
ALL I WANNA DO IS
>>
>>63882518
>/pol/ is not a sad victim of racist oppression
keep on memeing in the free world
>>
>>63880574
She's literally never made a good album

She can't sing

She doesn't produce her music

She can't rap

She doesn't know how to play an instrument

She's a celebrity face that gets sold to hipsters entirely on the basis of her edgy persona, much like Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar
>>
>>63883850
Kendrick, MIA and Kanye are all great artists your rockist fuck
>>
BORDERS?

Whats up with that
>>
>>63883960
I haven't willingly listened to rock music since 2013
>>
>I'M so tangy people call me MATANGI
>>
>>63883850
>doesn't produce
>doesn't know how to play an instument
she made the original version of Galang totally on her own, production, drum machines and all
>>
>>63880574
Why does MIA look like she was drawn by Araki
>>
>>63884148
>drum machine
lol that's like saying she plays the preprogrammed sample pack

I also notice she is not the independent "producer" on a single one of those tracks

surely she wouldn't just be directing an actual musician on what she wants and then tagging her name on afterwards, correct?
>>
>>63880574
>Dat Millennium pyramid
Yugi?
>>
>>63884248
what are you even? so you aren't a rockist and you don't think electronics are instruments. Are you a /classical/ shitposter?

>tell me your story
>>
>>63884248
Switch and Diplo can't play instruments either m8

By your fedora logic they're not actual musicians
>>
>>63884248
There is nothing wrong with working with producers ffs and if you think it ruins an artist or albums purity then you've never been apart of a creative process

AR Rahman is a multi instrumentalist and composer, yet he said he looks up to MIA and marvels at her creativity. Art isn't as clear cut as liner notes you autist
>>
Y everyone hate /\/\ /\ Y /\ so much, pretty much every track is great, it's without a doubt leagues better than Matangi.
>>
>>63884730
Maya > Matangi is definitely the consensus on /mu/ but not from mainstream publications
>>
>>63883349

Diplo started making str8 trash ever since they split. He sucks now
>>
>>63884886
Yeah that's a shame. I think a lot of his stuff is ghostproduced too. Weird that Diplo now is probably bigger than M.I.A. ever was. He kind of stepped all over her to get where he is today. Really nasty on his part.

Still, I like his earlier stuff, esp Florida
>>
>>63884730
XXXO is pretty weak but I feel like she might have been taking the piss with that song
>>
>>63885398
Back then I thought it was absurd and pretty poor. Now I actually really like it.

I put her up there with Bjork and Newsom for the best modern female musicians. Endless hype for her next album.
>>
>>63880574
I hate that fucking sandnigger shit music she makes, pure fucking shit
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.