[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of modern/recent musicians would you introduce to someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Yeezus.jpg (46 KB, 500x449) Image search: [Google]
Yeezus.jpg
46 KB, 500x449
What kind of modern/recent musicians would you introduce to someone who says that they were born in the wrong generation?

Bonus points for avoiding meme rappers.
>>
>>63874203
>Bonus points for avoiding meme rappers.
you say as you literally post the memeiest of rappers
>>
>>63874203
Radiohead
/Tread/
>>
>>63874243
I posted it as an example of what not to post.

>>63874245
90s don't count, has to be someone from the decade after or the one we're in.
>>
>>63874321
The strokes
/tread/
>>
A. Dog here

What's going on guys
>>
File: cover.jpg (118 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
118 KB, 1500x1500
pink floyd
fleetwood mac samples
>>
>>63874245
kekkles
>>
>>63874497
Lost some bonus points there pham
>>
Ween
>>
Hopsin as anyone who says they were born in le wrong generation is most likely an edgy 12 year old pleb, and they'd therefore fucking love Hopsin.
>>
What they mean by modern music is bad is that it doesn't sound like what they listen to. Tame Impala might reel in some Beatles fans.
>>
Is saying that you're born in the wrong generation really that bad though?

Perhaps for some people they really would have fit in better in a previous decade. If the popular music of the 2010s just isn't your thing, it can be a bit boring.

That said, there is good music of almost all genres being made in any decade, it's just that there aren't always classics of all genres being made in every decade.
>>
>>63874203
Watkin Tudor Jones
>>
>>63877524
>Is saying that you're born in the wrong generation really that bad though?
Yes it is logically. even though it's just a non serious statement. But you really don't how your life would be lived in a previous decade.
My grandparents always talked about being really too fucking busy to listen to music all the time. Going to concerts was a highlight and the performers man damn sure to put on a good show. But how we have access to music anytime anywhere is a gift they didn't have.
>>
>>63874321
Radiohead made their best music in the 00s
>>
>>63877648
Hail to the Thief is worse than most of their 90s work. And In Rainbows is good but does not beat OK Computer.

Most people who worship 00s Radiohead weren't even born when The Bends was released, interestingly enough.
>>
>>63877614
>Yes it is logically. even though it's just a non serious statement. But you really don't how your life would be lived in a previous decade.

Yes, of course but would you say it is wrong to say that your music taste is generally much more in line with that of previous generations than it is with your own generation?
>>
>>63875165
lmao so true. I can't stand >le wrong generation faggots
>>
I won't show him anything, he needs to fucking grow up first.
>>
>>63874203
Show em wavves or indie rock bullshit and they'll probably like thato and then after a while show em more out there stuff
>>
Gorillaz, Animal Collective, and MF DOOM (unless they're also a "Rap sucksss I'll never listen to it! Its all about bitches sex and money!!!" person)
>>
>>63874203
Bishop Nehru
>>
Death Shits
>>
If they're really saying that I'd slap them. If they just happen to exclusively like music from the 60s/70s/whatever then I don't care. Some people have limited tastes, like whatever you like.
>>
>>63874203
Show them a modern jazz album. It doesn't even have to be good, because you will get the response "I don't like/listen to jazz".
Then you can call them a fucking plebian, and tell them that you their opinion is garbage if they can't appreciate one of the most important genres of the last century.
>>
>>63877704
You don't know what you're talking about
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.