[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you like eminem /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1346353449_eminem.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1346353449_eminem.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
Why don't you like eminem /mu/?
>>
>>63870766
because I take music way too seriously
>>
>>6387076
>generic pop hooks
>corny lyrics
>not even controversial anymore
Sure he has technical skill, but he hasn't done anything groundbreaking for 15 years
>>
>>63870766
he looks like a white Rio Ferdinand, and I hate Rio Ferdinand.
>>
>implying
I love this "eminem" meme
>>
relapse was good, recovery was great poprap, his earliest stuff is god tier rap, he got out of degeneracy and became a legitimate role model for some kids, whats not to like?

>inb4 special snowflakes start using buzzwords they read off pitchfork and fantano reviews

>>63870812
kek
>>
>>63870766
His first few albums were good but then he got generic as fuck pretty quickly.
>>
None of his albums are really good from start to finish, but he has some really strong individual tracks
>>
i love everything he ever put out

cry about it
>>
>>63870880
Where are my other fellow /not an insecure fuck that has to shoot down top 40/ here?
>>
>>63870839
>implying i look up eminem reviews online
No you just have shit taste. It doesnt take an expert to realize hos music is generic as fuck and not changing hip hop in any meaningful way. MMLP2 is complete cringe, recoverywas probably the most bland hip hop album he ever released
>>
He's a decent rapper. He has a cool understanding of English and consciously applies that to his lyrics. He's gotten incredibly poppy as of late, but I wouldn't say that makes his new work bad. It just depends on what you're looking for in rap. It's not for me, but I don't discredit his work still.

He's had great progression and development as an artist with lots of really unique songs and deserves the success he got honestly. Still not really my cup of tea, but, it's moronic to discredit him entirely and label him a talentless hack.
>>
>>63870892
It's not about top 40. /mu/ likes TPAB and TLOP for the most part even though they're very popular. Eminem just sucks ok
>>
>>63870915
>using cringe to describe music

nice mario shirt.
>>
>>63870915
>no you have shit taste
t. neutral milk hotel, fleet foxes, death grips fan :^)

>inb4 damage control nuh-uh i dont like those
>>
>>63870766
Because most of his songs have swearing in it. Swearing gets you into trouble along with other things such as violence, sex, drugs and alcohol. Every time I do something like this, I get into trouble both at school and at home. His songs such as Not Afraid can't have positive messages if they have swearing in it. This is why he is one of the worst rappers ever.
>>
>>63870766
because i eat them, not listen to them
>>
File: shit.gif (31 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
shit.gif
31 KB, 320x320
>>63870960
>you're stupid and dumb and everything you said is invalid becase you like these things I said you like don't you even dare say you don't like them

epic shitpost. Let me join.
>>
Because /mu/ is full of autistic faggots who only listen to pink floyd and unknown artists so they can feel special
>>
>>63870766

because hes a rapper. but not just a rapper, a white rapper.
>>
Eminem is awesome man. I grew up loving his prime material and while I'm not big on some of his new stuff, he still has a cool song now and again.

Also his first 3 and relapse are god-tier.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.