[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pinkerton
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Zeta Flight_ Weezer - Pinkerton.jpg (151 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Zeta Flight_ Weezer - Pinkerton.jpg
151 KB, 1024x1024
Why did everyone hate it?
>>
the "this doesn't sound like their first album" meme
>>
overly revealing lyics i guess, most audiences weren't ready that kind of thing, i still hate it but for other reasons
>>
File: 1459974979389.png (227 KB, 548x596) Image search: [Google]
1459974979389.png
227 KB, 548x596
>finally, F I N A L L Y find a qt p2t 18 half japanese girl who tries to talk me all the time
>she's a lesbian
this album is important to me
>>
>>63867190
This, and it's honestly a very challenging and one of kind work of art. That usually doesn't fly with a mainstream audience, but the fans where with it from day 1.
>>
>>63867248
*18 year old
>>
>>63867141
Rivers got famous and thought he got famous because people finally liked him and his nerdiness.

He decided to put himself out there, and it fell on its face because most people liked them because of the catchy hits, not because of his persona.
>>
Because I keep having crushes on qt short haired pale girls that end up being lesbians.
>tfw no qt shegaze gf in the near future
>>
>>63867141
what? people love it
>>
>>63867626
this is such a genuine fucking struggle.
>>
>>63867626
>tfw six of my big crushes have become gay
>tfw it just happened again
help
me
>>
>>63867800
hahaha
>>
>>63867248
>tfw no Misaki
I'm gonna die alone
>>
>>63867141
Boring whiny garbage
>>
File: dabuzgasm.jpg (18 KB, 219x225) Image search: [Google]
dabuzgasm.jpg
18 KB, 219x225
>>63867800
Uzumaki
>>
>>63867190
This, and the fact that Blue album was so fresh on that era and Pinkerton suddenly sounds like generic grunge emo bullshit
>>
>>63867626
get a sex change
>>
File: ZoHWkpu.jpg (17 KB, 400x358) Image search: [Google]
ZoHWkpu.jpg
17 KB, 400x358
At the time I remember people hating the production. I've always liked it, but I thought a few songs could been changed out for the out takes we would later hear to have made a stronger record. "Getchoo" and "Why Bother?" fucking suck, and the Good Life was the second single.

It was subtler and it wasn't the blue album. The kind of people who like Nirvana just for Teen spirit hated Weezer for Pinkerton.
>>
>>63868916
Getchoo I understand but why bother is one of the best songs on the album. Agree with you otherwise
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.