[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microkorg or Microkorg XL?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: korg_microkorg_lg.jpg (123 KB, 1200x409) Image search: [Google]
korg_microkorg_lg.jpg
123 KB, 1200x409
Microkorg or Microkorg XL?
>>
Or a Gaia
>>
>>63863617
korg minilogue seems to blow both of those out of the water desu
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>63863617
I'd say the XL. Got mine when they were new and got bored of it. But I recently found there's a few sound banks online that you can download and swap out (which includes Microkorg bank for XL)

So it really comes down to which setup you prefer
>>
>>63864035
Isnt it the same sound bank?
>>
>>63863617
mininova
>>
>>63864190
From what I've heard, I prefer the Microkorg
>>
>>63864144
Essentially, but I think the XL version comes with a few newer ones and effects, as well as a higher polyphony (8 instead of 4)

Some say the XL is "colder" and more digital, where the original has a warmer sound. Synth purists could probably answer this better
>>
>>63864272
Oh and the XL has a USB port, where the original needs an adapter for DAW use. Just another small difference
>>
>>63863617
If you are serious, Microkorg

If you want a toy, XL
>>
>>63864386
Why's that?
>>
wouldn't a microkorg xl just be a regular korg
>>
>>63864435
The only real advantage it has over the XL is a bit more user-friendly sound editing. If you would spend an extra $100 for just that, you are probably not that serious about it.

If it's that money is not a problem, definitely get an R3 instead. It is actually an improvement over the microkorg.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.