[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rank the rym top 10 Dark Side Loveless WYWH Kid A TVU&N
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: top10.png (4 MB, 2500x1000) Image search: [Google]
top10.png
4 MB, 2500x1000
Rank the rym top 10

Dark Side
Loveless
WYWH
Kid A
TVU&N
ITCOTCK
Revolver
OKC
Abbey Road
IV
>>
>>63860960
Good meme potential
>>
ITCOTCK>TVU&N>Revolver>Abbey Road>OKC>WYWH>Kid A>DSOTM>IV>Loveless
they're all good albums tho tbqh, but I'd probably like IV and DSOTM a lot more if classic rock radio didn't ruin them for me
>>
Loveless
TVU&N
Kid A
OK Computer
Dark Side
ITCOTCK
WYWH
Revolver
Abbey Road
IV
>>
Loveless > TVU&N (both 10/10) >>>>>>> ITCOTCK (6/10) >>>>>>> All Pink Floyd (3/10) >>>>> All Radiohead = All Beatles (2/10)
>>
>>63861057
I never listened to classic rock radio growing up. The first time I heard anything from dark side, I was stoned. It was great.

Why do you have loveless that low? What do you think about it?
>>
>>63861057
wew lad
thats bad
>>
I've never really been an active /mu/ user, but every time I come here you guys are always talking about the same 10-20 albums. It seems like OP pretty much just put all of them in one picture. Are you actually saying you like all these albums, or are you just trying to get approval from /mu/?
>>
>>63861087
kys my man
>>
File: fedora-guy-meme.jpg (30 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
fedora-guy-meme.jpg
30 KB, 479x720
>>63861087
>All Pink Floyd (3/10)
>All Radiohead = All Beatles (2/10)
>>
>>63861094
I still think it's good, I just haven't really gotten into it the way I have the other big /mu/core albums. It seemed like it focused a little too much on textures and cool sounds and not enough on songwriting and whatnot. I haven't listened to it in like 3 years tho so I might as well revisit it
>>
>>63860960
9 9.5 haven't heard 10 9
9 haven't heard 9 haven't heard 8.5
>>
Loveless > All
>>
>>63861153
No, these are just the top 10 highest rated albums on rateyourmusic.com and I think it would be a fun thread to rank them. Why would I care about getting approval from a mongolian basket-weaving orgy anyway?
>>
>>63860960
Loveless
ITCOCK
Kid A
TVU&N
IV
OKC
WYWH
A Road
Revolver

>>63861153
>>63861087
Don't be a fucking oaf.
>>
OK Computer > Loveless > VU > ITCOTCK > Kid A > WYWH > DSOTM > IV > Dog Shit > Revolver & Abbey Road
>>
>>63861173
>le beatles and radiohead are good meme
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art.
Radiohead, the most hyped and probably the most over-rated band of the decade, upped the ante for studio trickery.
>>
>>63860960
TVU>ITCOTCK>Loveless>Kid A=Revolver>>>>>gap>>>>Abbey Road > OKC > DSOTM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Power fucking gap >>>>>>>>>> IV > monkey feces > WYWH
>>
>>63861228
mmm now I want pasta
>>
>>63861147
you just haven't accepted the fact that the beatles are gud fambruhghini. and i realize that Kid A is like objectively better than OKC but I like OKC better for muh personal reasons
>>
>>63860960
(none of them are 10/10 but some are close)
Kid A
DSotM
WYWH
VU&N
ITCOTCK
Loveless
OK Computer
Abbey Road

POWER FUCKING GAP

Revolver
LZ IV
>>
>>63861249
>likes DS at least a bit
>hates WYWH

hwat

>>63861273
whatchu got against revolver my man
>>
1. Loveless
2. VU&N
3. OK Computer
4. Abbey Road
5. Kid A
6. LZ4
7. DSOTM
8. ITCOTCK
9. Revolver
10. WYWH
>>
Great tier
>ITCOTKK
>TVU&N

Good tier
>Loveless
>WYWH
>Abbey Road

Reddit tier
>DSOTM
>Radiohead
>Led Zeppelin
>Revolver

What a shit list
>>
>>63861305
hey dont blame me, blame rym
>>
>>63861228
do you understand that the beatles were doing "studio trickery" decades before radiohead

well no of course you don't because you don't know what you're talking
>>
>>63861305
>Radiohead
>reddit tier

pick one faget
>>
>>63860960
1. In the Court of the Crimson King
2. The Velvet Underground and Nico
3. Loveless
4. Wish You Were Here
5. Kid A
6. Abbey Road
7. Revolver
8. Ok Computer
9. Dark Side of the Moon
10. IV

this is objective
>>
>>63861228
edgy
>>
>>63861291
I don't dislike Revolver - but none of it seems as revolutionary or even as melodically infectious as it was made out to be, of course there's highlights though
>>
1- Ok Computer
2-Revolver
3-IV
4-Abbey Road
5-Dark Side of the Moon
6-Kid A
7-In the Court
8-Loveless
9-Wish you Were Here
10-Velvet Underground and Nico
>>
>>63861395
That's fair, but I mean it came out in 1966. Fuckin Tomorrow Never Knows must have blown people's minds back then.
>>
>>63861443
That's one of the highlights for sure
>>
>>63861291
I don't see why that's hard to get. DSOTM has better sonics and better songs while WYWH is probably the biggest waste of time. Seriously, nothing fucking happens on that album (DSOTM suffers from the same thing to an extent but at least it has GGITS and Breathe)

The most egregious examples are Welcome to the Machine and Have a Cigar. Welcome to the Machine features whiny old man Roger Waters, overdone acoustics, and tasteless synths that go absolutely nowhere. Have a Cigar is dime a dozen dad rock with ever so shitty synths and boring guitar solos.

The rest is simply boring. I've never seen such a boring prog album in my life and I've listened to Scenes of a Memory.
>>
>>63860960
objective listing coming through!
TVU&N=loveless>ITCOCK>WYWH>DSOTM>Abbey road>revolver>kid a> ok computer> IV
>>
>>63861584
You know, you've got a point. I guess whenever I think of WYWH I only think about the Shine On suites, and those are magnificent. I do enjoy the synths in Welcome to the Machine and I like the lyrics of Have a Cigar a lot, but I can see why they wouldn't do much for some people.
>>
>>63860960
ITCOTCK
Dark Side
OKC
Kid A
WYWH
Abbey Road
Revolver
Loveless
TVU&N
IV

In the Court of the Crimson King is the only album on this list over 7.5/10, imo.
>>
Revolver
OK Computer
The Velvet Underground & Nico
Abbey Road
Loveless
Kid A
Led Zeppelin IV
Dark Side of the Moon
In the Court of the Crimson King
Wish You Were Here
>>
>>63861414
lol pretty much everyone else has IV last or close to it. What do you like about it so much?
>>
>>63861696
This is pretty good, although I'd switch the beatles and the floyd albums
>>
File: Blazing Saddles Pie Fight.webm (356 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Blazing Saddles Pie Fight.webm
356 KB, 480x360
Revolver is the best
>>
>>63861176
When you do make sure you listen to it super loud
>>
>>63862512
Whatchu got against the velvet underground?
>>
>>63862727
Well he obviously likes it better than seven of the other ones. There's not much to get.
>>
>>63860960
1. banana
2. kid a
3.loveless
4. dark side
5. abbey road
6. wywh
7. ok
8. revolver
9. itcock
10. untitled
>>
>>63862727
I grew up listening to Zeppelin and I think they are one of the top 3 best bands ever
>>
>>63862850
i have listened to that album around 5 or so times, it's one of those albums i don't get/it's not for me, still better than Led Zeppelin though.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.