[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/poseur/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: poseurcore.png (3 MB, 1463x1524) Image search: [Google]
poseurcore.png
3 MB, 1463x1524
Are YOU a poseur, /mu/?

Poseurs listen to music solely for the image. They have no theory or history knowledge necessary for appreciating most of the music they claim to love, and will often shitpost threads that are "entry level /mu/core" (which is ironic, as most of what they love is entry level /daily/core, so they're drones themselves).

If you like most of these albums, you are almost certainly a poseur. While there is nothing inherently wrong with most of these albums (bar the noise"music" they pretend to love), liking a majority of these is a good sign that you are regurgitating old "patriciancore" and /daily/ charts instead of getting your own taste.

Some other signs of poseurdom:

>Using RYM for anything more than archiving what you've listened to
>Rating a bunch of classic albums .5/5 in order to look cool
>RYM curve <3
>Disabling last.fm whenever you listen to pop music and re-enabling it when you listen to """obscure""" music
>Thinking Captain Beefheart and Jhonn Balance are better lyricists than Roger Waters and Peter Sinfield
>>
>>63857574
but beefheart is a great lyricist...
and those poseur albums are mostly very good
guys come on...
>>
Music is music; just listen to what you like, and listen to the stuff other people reccomend to you.
>>
>>63857574
who the fuck even listens to harsh noise thinking they are superior? not that i have anything against it but it's literally harsh noise what is there to feel elite about
>>
>>63857622
>and listen to the stuff other people reccomend to you.
No, please take your spoonfeeding to leddit.
>>
>>63857622

>Encouraging spoonfeeding

Fuck off.
>>
>>63857637
my guess would be the will to sit through very abrasive sounds for extensive periods of time? plus acknowledgment that it is music.
>>
nah i just listen to rap and rock really
i did enjoy itaoty and itcotck tho
>>
I am a certified non-poseur

Elitist fags need to GTFO
>>
>>63857574
>You need to know music theory and history to listen to an album
>>
>>63857574
I dunno what you say but Pharoah Sanders is GOAT
>>
>>63857574
would I still qualify as a poseur even if, while having knowledge of theory and history in the art, I happened to take advice from some of these poseur types under the assumption they too knew what they were talking about?
>>
File: 1450523389750.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1450523389750.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
But OP what if you've never gotten into music before and decided to start out with the sticky.

I just started using RYM to find different artists, really limited exposure since I'm new to this, I'm new to a lot of things being young I suppose. Don't get me wrong I guess I don't count since I don't shit post or even post on /mu/ typically.

Haven't listened to a single album there OP. Right now I'm going through the top rated chamber pop bands. On the other hand, someone gave me a rec the other day and I found it entrancing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_JHjUFfOs8

I dunno anon. I'm looking forward to delving into the world of music. Thousands of hours of tracks to be listened to. Typically get my FLAC's through torrents.
>>
File: CdVW5fZUUAALZNM.jpg (276 KB, 1907x2047) Image search: [Google]
CdVW5fZUUAALZNM.jpg
276 KB, 1907x2047
>i have been qualified as not a poseur by a random dude from the internet
whew, dodged a bullet there
>>
File: 1436544636338.jpg (1 MB, 985x1455) Image search: [Google]
1436544636338.jpg
1 MB, 985x1455
Why do you insist on including Faust? You do realize it's the greatest rock album ever recorded, and a high ranking patriciancore album, right?
>>
>>63857939
this is like three years old now.
>>
File: essential post-country.jpg (644 KB, 838x557) Image search: [Google]
essential post-country.jpg
644 KB, 838x557
>>63857574
Is post-country poseur?
>>
>>63858017
u could have actually put Mojave 3, you know...
>>
who wants to chill and listen to schumann's violin sonatas with me
>>
File: ae.png (258 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
ae.png
258 KB, 600x330
Reminder to filter the word "poseur" if you haven't done so already.
>>
>>63857574
>Disabling last.fm whenever you listen to pop music and re-enabling it when you listen to """obscure""" music

Do people really do this? I only disable it if I'm leaving my music on in my sleep
>>
>>63857574
>he listens to Musical Abortions unironically
selftitled plesae
>>
>>63857574
as if anyone here actually has any theory or historical knowledge on their indie or rap music beyond "hurr i wiki'd the album once".

No one here knows shit. All of this board is entirely poseur.
>>
>>63858741
your shitty little movement is dead, face it
>>
>>63857574
I got a chance to see faust last night.
Everyone there was a poseur indeed.
>>
RYM rejects shallow recs.
>>
>>63860191
Did not mean to bump the thread
>>
File: Jagatara.jpg (161 KB, 1079x1060) Image search: [Google]
Jagatara.jpg
161 KB, 1079x1060
Add this shit on there
>>
File: CHART .04.jpg (2 MB, 1485x1455) Image search: [Google]
CHART .04.jpg
2 MB, 1485x1455
>>63857574
I guess I listen to some poseur albums

damn
>>
>>63857574

DELETE THIS
>>
>>63857700
have you ever spoken to someone about music in the real world?
your mentality doesn't really work in that context
>>63857805
this is a nice way to look at music
you should try the albums in OPs chart though, they're all pretty good, depending on what kind of music you like
white light white heat and les rallizes denudes are good starting places
>>63858017
kekd
>>
>>63857574
>regurgitating old "patriciancore" and /daily/ charts instead of getting your own taste.

Human aren't snowflakes you dense faggots. Just because one happen to enjoy a certain kind of thing in music doesn't mean they're drones. Stop promoting the "drone" bogeyman. If you seriously think everyone on 4chan would have completely different tastes if /daily/, RYM, or P4K didn't exist then you're beyond hope and don't understand what the word "preferences" are.
>>
>>63860612
It's a meme you dip. Stop giving him reaction or he's just gonna keep posting it.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.