[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's some essential hipster-core?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 2
File: hipster-glasses21[1].jpg (65 KB, 570x400) Image search: [Google]
hipster-glasses21[1].jpg
65 KB, 570x400
What's some essential hipster-core?
>>
Meme Star
>>
Paramore
>>
Meme star
>>
tlop
tpab
tptb
>>
Bon Iver - Blood Bank EP
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsSUSXPv9bY

9:08
>>
Joe Cocker
>>
Imagine Dragons
Fun
The Black Keys
>>
>>63848492
I don't think so

>>63848499
>tptb
what's that?
>>
Animal Collective
Swans
Death Grips
>>
>>63848515
the powers that b
>>
I'd tell you some groups, but you probably haven't heard of them.
>>
>>63848528
Swans are pretty good though.
>>
>>63848550
I'm more into their early stuff
>>
>>63848515
spotted the pleb
>>63848559
spotted the hipster
>>
>>63848571
how's paramore hipster? it's just a dead teen fad
>>
>>63848578
twas a joke
>>
>>63848485

grimes
>>
Animal Collective
Neutral Milk Hotel
>>
Arcade Fire - EP or Funeral
Swans - mostly new stuff but have Filth in library
Beach House
>>
>>63848485
wilco
fleet foxes
weezer
joanna newsom
AJJ
NMH
>>63848514
thats crosley core.
>>
/mu/core
>>
gucci mane
young thug
lil b
drake
>>
>>63848722

THIS
>>
File: 1454959508997.jpg (132 KB, 1280x1319) Image search: [Google]
1454959508997.jpg
132 KB, 1280x1319
Coldplay
>>
>>63848578
you didnt know tptb
>>
>>63848828
>"___ be like"
take your fucking ebonics somewhere else, no-one even fucking talks like that
>>
>>63848974
check yoself cracka its real nigga hours
>>
Grimes.
>>
>>63848828
>coldplay
>for hipsters
it's radio shit cmon man
>>
is this really what /mu/ has become

why can't you idiots just keep this shit on r/music
>>
>>63849269
spotted the hipster
>>
/mu/core
>>
>>63848828
>menswear faggots
>hip

2007 called
>>
>>63849296
“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.
>>
>>63849004
makestickers.com
>>
>>63849314
Spotted the hipster once again.
>>
when did boring-ass normies invade this board dear god
>>
>>63849415
June 18, 2013
>>
>>63849314
cam here to post this before hiding the thread
>>
>>63848528
AnCo is borderline girlfriendcore
>>
>>63849176
>implying """hipsters"""" aren't all about poptimism now.
i doubt they listen to coldplay, but they will unironically listen to beyonce
>>
>>63849314

lol shut up faggot
>>
The Radio Heads
>>
>>63848491
>>63848495
>Black star
>"underground" or hipster at all
Were you guys hit by the short bus when it came to pick you up one morning?
>>
"hipster" died in the early 2010s. Check out Pitchforkcore circa 2001-2009.
>>
>>63850572
how come normies insist on that word then?
>>
>>63850830
They're just getting into "indie" and "hipsterism".
>>
>>63848485
>tfw got called hipster for liking witch house
the term is so watered down it has no meaning
it's pretty much used as someone who listens to something i haven't heard of

which considering how vast music is, is pretty redundant. I'm really into a broad spectrum of music and i'm willing to be i could talk to someone else for hours about music i've never heard of
>>
>>63850880
yeah, middle america just picked up on the trend. In the past year or two I've been seeing that shit everywhere
>>
>>63849599
According to my gf, Grass is the worst thing she had ever heard. She doesn't mind it as much now but still doesn't like it. Her favourite album is Not Available by The Residents but she has only listened to it once since music isn't really her thing and when asked by people what album is her fav she says that she can't remember but there's a green lady on the front. It's honestly kind of cute
>>
>>63850985
i've seen you say that on here before
>>
Also to contribute to the thread some hipster core would be stuff on band camp, Mac Demarco, Xiu Xiu, and Ariel Pink always make me feel like a huge hipster when I listen to them.
Sunbather is hipster metal.
Hellfire (hellfyre?) Club hip-hop is hipster rap, specially Milo and Bus driver.
Badbadnotgood is hipster jazz.
Hell, if you asked anybody I worked with, liking the Beach Boys and being my age makes me a huge hipster so we're all probably hipster degenerates in the eyes of the world
>>
>>63851074
Heh, sorry she's the light of my life and I'm one to brag. This is only the second time I've mentioned it that I'm aware of and I'll try not to mention it again
>>
>>63851128
i'm not mad, it's a fun anecdote. Have you tried to introduce her to other work by The Residents or just other music in general?
>>
>>63851166
No other Residents yet, but other music, yeah. I mostly try to show her things I think she would enjoy (actually sent that Residents album as a joke to her because she wanted some background music while she was painting) Her favourite album prior was To Pimp a Butterfly though she usually doesn't like hip-hop. The stuff she most likes that I've shown her is stuff like The Unicorns, Death Cab for Cutie, NMH, Devo (new wave in general for the most part), Simon and Garfunkel, and Grimes. Also despite her opinion on Grass and most of MPP, she does like some AnCo, Floridada was her favourite song of last year. Outside of my influence she like Gregory and the Hawk and Regina Spector, some nerd rock groups, and really theatrical acts like Voltaire.
>>
>>63848485
any mu-core
>>
>>63851546
Also to address it since it is my trip and all. She does like the little Kanye music she's heard though she more so likes Kanye as an individual after I told her his life story and explained my obsession.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk

this tbqh and anything else is normietier
>>
>>63851619
sounds like she's familiar with good music considering her supposed lack of interest in music
>>
>>63848506
>me mums fav artist
u serious mate?
>>63848716
out of 5 5/5's on RYM I have Wilco, Weezer & NMH. Fuck
>>
>>63851698
She has nice taste, she just doesn't go out of her way to listen to music overall and considering how album centric /mu/ is, she doesn't have much of an interest. I think she had heard twenty albums her entire life and most of which, I showed to her. We were dating a year before she listened to her first album
>>
>>63848974
Confirmed for not talking to real people.
A lot of people talk like that daily
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.