[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Led Zeppelin vs. Queen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: page and may.jpg (47 KB, 690x610) Image search: [Google]
page and may.jpg
47 KB, 690x610
>hard mode
Do not use the word "reddit" or judge either band on their autistic fan bases. Judge solely off of musical output.
>>
I much prefer Queen. Much more playful and wacky than Zeppelin. Although a bit too technically polished for my tastes. Still, any band that can do Backchat, the hitman, dead on time and '39 rubs me the right way. I like bands that bleed styles into each other. Although I'm not that big of a fan.
Zep... they're alright.
>>
>>63844288
Led Zeppelin was more consistent, but Queen reached higher highs. I don't think Led Zep has anything that compares to Prophet's Song.
>>
>>63844288
Maybe Zeppelin.
I find their music less grating.
In reality I don't really enjoy any of them.
>>
>>63844288
>band that rips off music vs band whose music is pretty meh tier

Hm..
>>
>>63844288
Queen didnt rip off music. so Queen is miles better
>>
>>63844328
>39
My absolute person of color
Is there a more feel final line than
>For my life still ahead pity me
>>
Overall Zeppelin was probably better but I love Queen because of this sort of shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36nqGs_Dvws

They can be so enjoyable and whimsical in a manner that no other group quite replicates.
>>
>>63844288
>they are pointing at each other
>>
Robert Plant was the epitome of douch bag butt rock and the guitar player was generic. I'm not saying that Queen is perfect, far from it but what they had was one of the most unique singers of all time and a unique guitar player to go along with it.
>>
>>63844359
>but Queen reached higher highs
no they didn't. queen are a fucking meme band

>>63844478
>the guitar player was generic

>JIMMY
>FUCKING
>PAGE
>GENERIC

K I L L Y O U R S E L F

I

L

L

Y

O

U

R

S

E

L

F
>>
>>63844546
Good conversation, anon.
>>
>>63844546
sup reddit
>>
>>63844594
queen is reddit tier band

kill yourself because you can't even use a shit tier meme correctly
>>
>>63844649
at least Queen didnt rip off anyone
>>
>>63844705
babby's first opinion (3DGY)
>>
Autism speaks. Can't believe all these faggots actually think Queen is better than Led Zeppelin.
>muh unique singer
>muh unique guitar player
>at least they didn't rip off
Oh god this is awful. Queen had an uninteresting blend of opera and drama music, swing, and hard rock that felt almost as geeky and uncool as the second-rate Progressive Rock being made at the time. Led Zeppelin ripped off artists yeah but they actually morphed what they ripped off. Dazed and Confused, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, and many other songs they stole became their own with their styles put into it.

Bonham >> Taylor
JPJ > whatever the cuck's name is
PAGE > May
Plant = Mercury
>>
>>63845089
I like silly geeky things, though. Being over the top occasional is nice. If you can't let all restraints loose for a while even when you're singing then when can you?
>>
Zeppelin did some pretty crazy things, like the theremin part in whole lotta love and queen never did anything that reached that level for me
>>
>>63845089
queen is cringe.
zeppelin hardly ripped off anything musically, it was like 3 songs.

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You wasn't even a rip off, they literally credited it to someone else on the original version but they didn't know who they covered actually covered it as well, so they got sued by the original artist. it's not like the internet was around then.

dazed and confused was probably their biggest rip off. black mountain side should have been credited to some dude and the lemon song is a blatant slowed down rip off of killing floor. the rest (apart from some lyrics) are pretty much all legit, or credited correctly.
>>
>>63844390
absolutely

i wish brian may tried to do more folky stuff
>>
>>63845368
like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqOdu2xjlBA
>>
I like this song more than any queen song I've ever heard
>>
>>63845435
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdWPkgtaOTw
>>
>>63845089
>PAGE > May
>>>Plant = Mercury

holy fuck I won't even post a bait image
>>
>>63844288
Zeppelin because they're much more consistent in terms of quality whereas Queen is very hot or miss, also Jimmy got dem tasty riffs (even doe a lot of it was kinda stolen)
>>
>>63845489
>(even doe a lot of it was kinda stolen)
>>63845203
>>
>>63845560
It was like 20. There's entire articles dedicated to it.
>>
>>63844288
I don't really get "in" to Zeppelin like some people do. They're kinda overrated but they still have a lot of quality stuff. No Quarter, When the Levee Breaks, Moby Dick are favorites of mine.

I don't listen to Queen really but they're a very FUN band to listen to.
>>
>>63845608
they're incorrect. do your own research and stop parroting shit you don't know about.

I listed all the songs that are musical (not lyrical) rip offs. you can kind of include the start of bring it on home but that was intended to be a tribute and was credited eventually.

>dazed and confused
>black mountainside
>the lemon song
>bring it on home (intro section)

In My Time of Dying is slightly questionable as it was a totally original version of a traditional song, but nobody knows who it was originally by so pointless to credit as traditional aside from informational, plus it was very original as well.
>>
country/bluegrass zeppelin is best zeppelin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zISiQ6PqATI
>>
>>63845811
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd8AVbwB_6E
>>
>>63845879
fuck off, how is that in anyway a rip off? it's just a similar descending chord progression. I come across a similar thing all the time when I'm writing stuff on guitar only to realise it sounds like stairway later on.
>>
>>63845937
Damn bro you need to take a chill pill
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.