[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a relatively respectful discussion about this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: steven wilson.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
steven wilson.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
Let's have a relatively respectful discussion about this man and his body of work

-He's been making music for 30 years and has a vast discog at this point covering prog, approaching prog metal at times, pop, ambient, drone etc.
-Over the last few years he's started to pick up some very vocal haters for being too sterile/ boring etc but I still love a lot of his work, it was very important for getting me into music in general. I think he has a really great sense of melody.
-Some of my favs include Insurgentes, the first Blackfield album, the second Bass Communion album and... well, basically every PT album between Up the Downstair and FOABP, but these days I lean towards their pre-In Absentia output
-I thought his last couple of solo records had some great moments but were underwhelming overall. Raven was the last thing he did that I loved
-his lyrics are undeniably lame at times
-he has a weird bromance with the guy from opeth

What are your thoughts? Hack or le good music man? Favourite songs/ albums?
>>
He's a bit too fedora to take seriously. He appeals to 2 different kinds of people: the le wrong generations that think Pink Floyd is the pinacle of music and metal fans that are trying to branch out to real music.
>>
>>63844241
Well that was danker than I hoped but I'll bite. I have never worn a fedora, I have never thought I was born in the wrong generation, I'm not a massive PF fan and I've never listened exclusively to metal

But, you know, okay
>>
>>63843904
I love most No-Man stuff and PT from signify onward, but lately he's been really underwhelming with his King Crimson pastiches and such.
>>
>>63843904
Nirvana was overrated and I'm glad he died. Also Nirvana looks dumb in glasses.
>>
Just look at that pose and that expression. I don't think anyone can look anymore fedora.
>>
All of his music is in A key so he sucks, crappy cringey lyrics and he's a dumb euphoric twat with stupid opinions
>>
>>63846048
>>63846082
>>63846125
D A N K
A
N
K
>>
>>63846048
>>63846082
>>63846125
wew lads

also steven wilson is a meme progehead
>>
how about his band members?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-JOIVQhmiw
Published on Feb 11, 2016
>>
>>63846649
Marco is the real MVP
>>
His stuff is great. I loved Insurgents and Raven.

His solo work sounds like a modernised version of King Crimson, with all the flutes and brass.
>>
>>63846713
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-M1nl_cXoc

kinda cool, too bad the whole album isn't like this.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.