[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's an album like this but without the tryhard 3deep5me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: The_meme_of_Naples.jpg (97 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
The_meme_of_Naples.jpg
97 KB, 1000x1000
What's an album like this but without the tryhard 3deep5me lyrics? I love the production but he tries so fucking hard to be philosophical and shit with his moaning and repetition that it just becomes really fucking irritating after a while.
>>
>>63840377
Horse Rotorvator is better desu
>>
why jason aldean of course my fellow neo-mu ironic memer fantano watcher pitchfork reader daily poster montie follower music lover meme poster patrician scene jokester redditor friend
>>
Black Antlers, I guess. Balance still sings, but it's not as often and it's not as divisive.
>>
>>63840377
could you tell me which song irritates you ?
I always felt the lyrics on this album just served as a mantra like meditation
If anything listen to music to play in the dark/...And the Ambulance Died in His Arms
>>
>>63840377
Wow, with a shit opinion like that you don't deserve to listen to Coil and should just fuck off to reddit.
>>
>>63840431
The first two tracks more than anything, but any time he sings it's like nails down a chalkboard for me. The content more than anything makes me cringe
>>63840423
I'll try that then
>>
>>63840548
Musick to Play in the Dark features minimal singing

And the Ambulance Died in His Arms has some animal like sounds coming from Jhonn as well as chanting and stuff
>>
>>63840420
not even memeing coil fucking sucks

one of the worst things i've been recced on /mu/
>>
>>63840548
>The first two tracks more than anything, but any time he sings it's like nails down a chalkboard for me. The content more than anything makes me cringe

Please quantify how.
>>
>>63840896
not even memeing you probably just have terrible taste in music and/or no patience for anything less accessible than Death Grips
>>
>>63840963
not memeing I listen to krautrock and free jazz

not everyone has to like this you avant-teen
>>
>>63840548
Is it the actual topics and themes of the lyrics or how he delivers them? Because I found the lyrics on Horse Rotorvator a lot less abstract, so maybe you'll be able to tolerate it better if the delivery is what's bothering you. If it's the actual topics of the songs, then you probably won't enjoy it any more. Though I do implore you to reconsider your feelings on the lyrics. The term tryhard gets thrown around a lot and perhaps Coil does fail into that category sometimes but I do feel like the lyrics reveal a lot of genuine emotion regarding ideas such as death and sex in a very unique way
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.