[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we like this guy again? He doesn't play any instruments.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Madlib.jpg (477 KB, 2400x3094) Image search: [Google]
Madlib.jpg
477 KB, 2400x3094
Why do we like this guy again? He doesn't play any instruments. Probably barely knows any music theory. He samples music from much better artists for his "music". All he knows is how to rhyme words which is barely a musical skill at all.

So why do people worship him again? It's just hip-hop after all.
>>
>he doesn't play any instruments

But that's objectively a lie
>>
Poor mans Viper
>>
madlib pls go
>>
>>63838248

Watch the Stones Throw documentary, there was a part where a jazz musician who was played madlib jazz work and the guy refused to believe madlib was able to be able to create a jazz album that well made and he recently started making jazz pieces, he told the owner of stones throw that that man has been playing jazz his whole life and wanted to ask him to his face it it was true. He then stopped by the studio with madlib and asked the same question and wanted to see him work but when he discovered that it was through the traditional hiphop production method he was left speechless.
>>
>>63838248
>He doesn't play any instruments.
he plays all instruments you dumbshit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMmXRGWzsIA
>>
My sides. I love how people still cry about hiphop production and and the genre itself in general when they don't know a thing about it.

OP do you know music theory? You think every rock band or instrumentalists out there know music theory? Get the fuck over yourself.

If you actually think hiphop production is just finding samples and adding drums than you're just as stupid as everyone else you seem to think you're "smarter" than.
>>
File: Madlib1.jpg (78 KB, 358x499) Image search: [Google]
Madlib1.jpg
78 KB, 358x499
>he doesn't play any instruments

lmao not even remotely true
>>
>>63838548
That jazz "musician" sounds like a fucking idiot

I'm probably way smarter than him. I would have called Madlib out on his talentless hackery.
>>
File: 1436744456001.jpg (129 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1436744456001.jpg
129 KB, 640x640
>>63838731
>I'm probably way smarter than him.

Sure you are.
>>
>>63838548
is that talking about the yesterday's new quintet stuff?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.