[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I please get some honest feedback on this song that my b
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Vinyl Record.png (72 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
Vinyl Record.png
72 KB, 290x290
Can I please get some honest feedback on this song that my band and I just finished? It's our first song, and we just finished mixing everything a few minutes ago. What do you think?

>it's blackgaze/metal

http://vocaroo.com/i/s09i8oHm7uCX
>>
Listening now. It's not bad for a first song. It sounds a lot like Deafheaven desu
>>
>>63820838
started listening
>not bad desu
3 minutes in
>what is this shit

seriously, your drummer can't keep a beat and your guitarists don't stay on track.
>>
>>63820952
and then there's the vocals
>has music gone too far?
>>
>>63820952
>>63820972
>they hate the drummer, guitarists, and vocalist
I sure hope you're the bassist, OP.
>>
OP here. Can I get some specific criticism? This is what I'm looking for >>63820952
>drummer can't keep a beat and your guitarists don't stay on track
This kind of criticism helps us grow and improve.

>>63820972
What's wrong with the vocals? Too loud? Overpowering the music? Too shrieky?
>>
It's better than Liturgy, but that's not saying much.
>>
Bumping for feedback
>>
>>63821161
well first off I have to say that I don't know the genre all that well but in general,
the drummer has to start counting, maybe play it a bit slower a few times so the guitarists can get a feel for the pace, then gradually speed back up.
As for the vocals thats probably just a matter of opinion, I just really can't stand when the vocals are just some guy screaming into a mic.

but mostly, just keep practicing.
>>
>>63821161
>What's wrong with the vocals?
Not sure what the lyrics are at the end, but remove the very last line, where it repeats, and it will be much better.
>>
>>63820838
your music is shit. Sorry.
screaming like a dumbass is not music.
grow up please.
>>
File: 145039835883.jpg (57 KB, 968x1068) Image search: [Google]
145039835883.jpg
57 KB, 968x1068
Not gonna listen to this
>>
>>63820838
I don't think it's as bad as everyone else is making it out to be, but like >>63820901 said, you sound like a Deafheaven cover band.
>>
>>63821376
way cool bruv!
>>
i'd start practicing with a metronome cause like other people have said the guitars are pretty off beat in the first few minutes. i couldn't get through the rest because the vocals were so loud. i'd think about trying not to make the vocals the main focus, just think of them as another instrument on par with the guitar or something. with those changes it'd be a cool song in my opinion
>>
I like screaming but Iv never been a fan of that style of scream. You should all listen to the pixies .. like start at come on pilgrim and listen to everything they have done. Not saying change your style but learn from the pixies.
>>
>>63820838
Do you really want to Play Black metal op? I have a hard time differentiating band's because a lot of it sounds the same. The intro was pretty cool but when the actual song starts it just sounds extremely generic. That's the problem with what your trying to play. There's not much more you can do that hasn't already been done. So if your goal was to make a Generic Sounding Black Metal band than congratulations you did that. As far as that goes. The vocalist does have decent sounding screams although you can tell their kind of new at it. The Drums and Guitar obviously need to be more in Syn with each other. If you have a bass player then I would suggest turning that up so the drummer (metronome) can use that as a reference point. Besides That , Not bad At all.
>>
>>63821466
>>63821336
Thanks for the feedback. I'll turn the vocals down, and see how it sounds without that last part.
>>
>>63821503
REPENT! AREE PEHENNNT!
>>
>>63821503
dude its black metal
>>
>>63821535
I know...regardless you can/should listen to and learn from all sources/genres. Frank Black can summon screams from different dimensions without sounding like hes trying. The whole band is in perfect balance the instruments work together as part of a whole playing as a singular being not a bunch of musicians.
>>
have you listened to altar of plagues - white tomb?
>>
lower the vocals so they just peek through the guitar and lower the guitar a bit too
raise bass and drums
i think the singing would be better if it were a bit slower too
overall cleanup the performance like the other guys said
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.