[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anybody recommend me some current music that isn't "safe"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Can anybody recommend me some current music that isn't "safe" sounding, just something that isn't necessarily innovative but something that isn't made under the guise of fulfilling some expected norm?

Pic related is a rock album but I'm not necessarily looking for just rock, for example artists of other "genres" like Oneohtrix Point Never and Death Grips (although they are more or less hip hop with a rock ethos) are examples of other artists that have intention of doing something other than what is the current norm of things (I get these are very closely related to a rock mentality but that isn't necessarily the point). Rock tends to be what would be the kind of thing that would be what I'm looking for with this thread, although current rock in itself has become overly safe as well (eg an over-prevalence of "bland indie rock/pop").
>>
Off topic, but saw them live the other day, it was fucking amazing
See them if you get the chance
>>
Anything on Keysound recordings
>>
>>63810225
Word, would definitely enjoy that, you know if they are going to be on the east coast of the US any time soon?
>>63810234
I'll look them up, what are they like?
>>
dope body
>>
>>63810794
huh?
>>
>>63810619
>I'll look them up, what are they like?
Electronic music. Dubstep, garage, jungle, house, grime, a bit of hardcore and techno
>>
>>63810982
word I could try that, I never have been into much dubstep but I've never really tried. I like some of the stuff I hear on bleep from time to time.
>>
>>63811114
Dusk and Blackdown's Margins Music, Logos' Cold Mission, and Wen's Signals are some good albums to start with.

The rest is mostly singles and EPs that are great, but are a different listening experience than the album format typically offers.
>>
>>63810225
They were supposed to come to my city last year and they were my favorite band at the time but they cancelled. I want to see them so bad.

Although i want to see Dope Body >>63810794 even more so. Check out Natural History, KUNK, and Nupping for their really noisy stuff.

The new Big Ups album is the best rock release ive heard in a while. Check it out if you're a Slint fan.
>>
>>63811317
>Big Ups
I'm seeing so much of that in the last few days, I briefly looked at it but didn't see much, I'll definitely check it out again though, thanks
Will check out all the other stuff to
>>63811226
Will look at these too
I usually stick to albums but I haven't immersed myself in other listening formats as much so that could be good for me to do
>>
Also Swans
>>
the body and full of hell's new collab
>>
Girl Band is so fucking boring
>>
>>63812664
could you explain what makes them boring to you?

I've definitely heard better than them but relative to other modern stuff I think they are a great step in the right direction. I like the vocalist's style a lot as well.
>>
>>63810225
vicar street?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.