[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's /mu/'s opinion of Radiohead ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3
File: ok computer.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
ok computer.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
what's /mu/'s opinion of Radiohead ?
>>
they're considered '/mu/core'
>>
>>
>>63808385
srry newfag here lol is that good or bad
>>
>>63808254
>>
>>63808547
good if you're normal
bad if you're tryhard contrarian

honestly nothing after kid a really does it for me
>>
>>63808254
if doubles hate em'
otherwise love em'
>>
File: mucore.jpg (265 KB, 1584x962) Image search: [Google]
mucore.jpg
265 KB, 1584x962
>>63808547
Neither, just if you haven't listened to them you probably should do so before engaging in discussion here
>>
>>63808254
overrated meme that got out of control
>>
>>63808622
Just don't feel obliged to like any of these.
>>
>>63808254
mariachi slipknot
>>
>>63808638
you mean hating on them?

>>63808643
tru

also don't feel obliged to mindlessly hate them or shitpost about how it's "try hard" or pseudo intellectual
>>
In Rainbows > OKC = Kid A > The Bends = Amnesiac > Hail To The Thief > King Of Limbs >>>>>>>>>>> Pablo Honey
>>
>>63808622
why STGSTV and not MPP?
>>
>>63808801
this question has to be who even cares about burial anymore ?
>>
>>63808801
No clue. I'd have thought MPP would have been the more obvious choice as well
>>
lol no i have every album including b sides n shit dude i love radiohead but im newfag and i havent seen anyone post ab them in here
>>
but imho i think Ok Computer is an experience lol fuckin love it
>>
Most overrated band on the internet.
>>
>>63808731
Noice
>>
>>63809134
No that would be Queen
>>
The main singer sounds like someone who is trying to squeeze out that last vital poop in throes of angst and ecstasy.
>>
>>63808801
The real question is why not SJ?
>>
>>63808254
You mean Thom Dork?
>>
>>63808622
where's the swans?
>>
most of /mu/ likes Radiohead, it's /mu/core and the ones who talk shit about them are called "contrarians"
>>
>>63808801
Becauae muh special snowflake album
>>
>>63808924
this board is literally 50% Radiohead
>>
Radiohead is the /mu/ generations "big band" so a lot of people here love em
>>
that isnt the pixies
>>
OK Computer > The Bends > Hail To The Thief > Kid A > Pablo Honey > In Rainbows > Amnesiac > King Of Limbs

They're a great band, and as they've gone on, I haven't really liked their techno shit, Hail To The Thief is the most tolerable of the albums after the 20th century because it has some of their great original sounding tracks like from OK. I really love The Bends style, but they didn't have as many good songs as OK. Pablo Honey isn't really that bad as people make it to be, but that's coming from a grunge lovers POV. (:
>>
>>63810037
Kid A > Ok Computer > Amnesiac > The Bends > Hail to the Thief > In Rainbows > Pablo Honey > King of Limbs
>>
Ok Computer=Kid A>The Bends>In Rainbows>Amnesiac=Hail to the Thief>King of Limbs>Pablo Honey
>>
>>63810082
I just can't get into Amnesiac.
>>
>>63810134
It's really slow but spacey, try listening to it once every night before falling asleep.
>>
>>63808622
I would change burial-untrue for hospice
>>
>>63810082
Kid > In Rainbows > Ok Computer > The Bends > Amnesiac > Hail To The Thief > King of Limbs > Pablo Honey

>>63810037
>Pablo Honey this high
Nigga you serious?
>>
>>63810293
Yeah man, I like the style, and the songs Stop Whispering, Blow Out, Creep, and Anyone Can Play Guitar, may not be the best songs, but they are great songs nonetheless by them, and I definitely like that album way more than the other ones below it. And don't use that disgusting nigger talk on 4chan please. (;
>>
in rainbows > kid a > ok computer > the bends > the king of limbs > pablo honey > amnesiac > hail to the thief
>>
>38 replies on thread about radiohead
>thread not literally 9/11 of autism yet
good job boys
>>
>>63808254
Good band, got better with age.
In Rainbows is their best album, no debate.
>>
>>63811954
this is literally the very definition of debatable
>>
>>63812038
You wanna get fucked up, faggot?
>>
Amensiac>Kid A>Ok Computer>King of Limbs>>>In Rainbows>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Bends>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Atoms for Peace
>>
>>63812254
Why do people dislike The Bends? I've always thought it was one of their better ones.
>>
pretty good band probably in my top 3 bands ever but honesly from Kid A till now they only get worse and worse, would not recommend.
>>
Wew lads

>Top tier
Hail to the thief, kid a, in rainbows, ok computer, the bends

>ok tier
Amnesiac, king of limbs

>not too bad tier
Pablo honey

>favorite album
Hail to the thief
>>
>>63813046

>Top tier
Kid A, Amnesiac, OK Computer

>meh tier
King of Limbs, The Bends, Hail TTT

>pretty bad tier
Pablo honey

>favorite album
Amnesiac
>>
>>63813157
Why? I want to like amnesiac, actually I didn't really care for htt until recently, and I've been listening since the bends, I'd say my favorite from amnesiac is I might be wrong.
>>
>>63808254
I love Radiohead. I think Thom Yorke is a musical genius in ranks with John Lennon, Brian Wilson, etc. If you disagree well then all I have to say is:
>Paranoid Android
>You and Whose Army
>The Daily Mail
>>
>>63812690
Because it's not their sound anymore, people do that with stuff that is different to their ban's stapled sound even if it's what got them started in the first place. That's the same reason why people hate on Pablo Honey, if you're gonna hate on it because of it's music then you might as well hate on 90% of 90's rock music.
>>
>>63808254
>>63813335
Also I think it's a damn shame that all the /my core fags on here only like Kid A, even though OK Computer is better and there are many gems in the newer albums which go unnoticed.
>>
>>63813157
amnesiac is my favourite also
>>
>>63809621
Im talking about within the music community. Like rym, here sputnik etc
>>
lets play a game, /mu/: bait or fag ? >>63813392
>>
>>63813427
i say bait
>>
>>63808622
I've been here for 3 years and only listened to 2 of those
>>
>>63808731
mm, no, at least half of the songs of Pablo Honey are as good as those on The Bends.
>>
>>63813392
>>63813427

no, it's my third favorite too, after Ok computer and The Bends.
>>
>>63808254
Great band but they're like a "jack I all trades, master of none" type of situation, due to my own experience with them I'll always love them nonetheless
>>
>>63808254
most memed band in history
>>
>>63808588
well, that's dubs. Check em and hate em
>>
>>63809621
HERE'S
>>
Why do people ask this question? As if you didn't see Radiohead all over the board already
>>
GOAT gateway band, along with Pink Floyd
>>
>>63808622
Change ExM to The Money Store
>>
File: The_Fire.png (291 KB, 792x566) Image search: [Google]
The_Fire.png
291 KB, 792x566
First time coming to /mu/. Glad to see you guys like Radiohead. Barely anyone I know irl listens to them.

Don't get the hate for Pablo though. Not the best compared to others but it is still good regardless where their music went.
>>
Just more of the same shitty white people music. Every time I hear whiney ass Thom Yorke's voice I cringe hella hard.
>>
>>63808731
Hail to the Thief has one of their best songs, Myxomatosis.
>>
>>63820050
Leave while you can
>>
>>63808731
>the bends>httt
I fucking hate you lad
>>
>>63810037
>In Rainbows
>Not thinking it's their only good album
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.