[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm aware that music has been commercialized at least as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: britney.jpg (154 KB, 1650x1031) Image search: [Google]
britney.jpg
154 KB, 1650x1031
I'm aware that music has been commercialized at least as long as radios have existed, but when did the thing start where a pop song was written by committee/focus group for maximum short term appeal, and then the carefully manufactured, marketed and overhyped singer doesn't even know the words to the song until five minutes before the recording session?

Was it her?
>>
>>63804864
it's always been like that. since motown days.
if anything it started with elvis presley . its just britney started the whole sex appeal in america
>>
>>63805159
>britney started the whole sex appeal in america
madonna?
>>
>>63805203
yeah sure
>>
Britney defo started the whole sexualising teenagers that goes on. Not long after the pedo lynch mob mentality took hold too. Like an outlet for a repressed society.
>>
started with Charles K Harris after he produced and wrote "After the Ball"
He created the first company that made songs strictly for mass commercial success
>>
>>63804864
>as long as radios have existed

People have known that you can play music for money for hundreds, if not thousands of years
>>
>>63805203
pretty sure there were some sexy singers like Cher or something way before britney in the 90's or madonna in the 80's. holy shit what the fuck is /mu/ 12 years old?
>>
File: 1381785428644.jpg (79 KB, 400x452) Image search: [Google]
1381785428644.jpg
79 KB, 400x452
>ywn bang prime Britney pussy
>>
>lol britney spears started selling sex in music in the 90s guy!

fuck off idiots. learn some goddamn music history jesus christ.
>>
>>63805159
lol you missed the disco era.
>>
>>63807780
elvis was before disco wtf, and before elvis there were whores singing in speak easys and shit, and before that there were whores singing in burlesque shows and whatever, before that there were indian tribal whores dancing around and shit. shutup retards.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_Pan_Alley

long time ago
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.