[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That Poppy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: thatpoppy.jpg (46 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
thatpoppy.jpg
46 KB, 500x375
I am obsessed with this artist I just heard.
She seems really new. Only has an EP. I know its teen bubblegum but her voice is smashing and her lyrics are a good message and well written compared to most contemporary pop.
Thoughts?
https://youtu.be/SBfvF4iULyg
>>
The message is striking, but that's it. The image and the sound are fucking used up and boring. Not to mention her "voice" is autotuned to shit.
>>
File: mfw.png (113 KB, 253x240) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
113 KB, 253x240
>the label marketing team is at it again
>>
>>63801236
what do you mean that's it? Pop song that has a stronger message than grimes AND she's hotter? What's to hate? How do I contact her? I want her to play in my city
>>
File: nardwvar.jpg (84 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
nardwvar.jpg
84 KB, 500x335
DOOT DOOLA DOOT DOO......
>>
>>63801170
>good message
>the message is striking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzO_4IHPlFQ

desu senpai
>>
>>63801261
I'm no shill I just think this is fanfuckingtastic for a 15 year old, autotune or not.
>>
>>63801286
DOOT DOOO!!!
>>
Her YouTube is pretty neat.
>>
>>63801577
impeccable aesthetic
>>
>>63801284
>hotter than Grimes
Given that Grimes is an uggo, that's a real low bar you've set there, anon.
>>
File: thatpoppy4.jpg (161 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
thatpoppy4.jpg
161 KB, 1024x683
>>63801959
Well smarter too and Grimes whole thing is supposedly intelligent pop.
>>
These are all shill threads made by her prodicer boyfriend Titanic Sinclair. I'm serious, he probably made this. Look up his Youtube and compare his videos to hers. He writes everything. And look up his ex-gf Mars Argo.

It's a shitty attempt at quirky meme marketing. Don't buy into it /mu/. Also the music is pretty fucking awful.
>>
>>63801170
Seen this chick before here, she's pretty cool.
>>
>>63801555
producer*
>>
>>63802097
Yeah she had a good producer. I wonder if she actually wrote the song. Thoughts?
>>
>>63802165
>Thoughts?

you're a shill baiting bumps
>>
she's definitely hot
>>
>>63802165
Doubt it.

Her dumb youtube videos are just her reading his scripts verbatim. He literally did the same thing with a woman he dated named Mars Argo, making her read those "ironic humor scripts" and trying to market her as a pop sensation until he dumped her. Then he started fucking Poppy (Moriah) so he could do the exact same thing with her. He was caught posting threads about her on another imageboard.

The tracks are way overproduced in my opinion. The only tolerable song is the acoustic version of Lowlife, and even that's run of the mill bubblegum pop.
>>
who cares if he writes it... she pulls it off. give credit where credit is due
>>
It's nothing but pop. There is nothing special here or anything worth paying notice to.
>>
>>63802226
This
>>
>yet another "le nostalgic 80s synth sound" pop "artist"
>>
what the actual fuck is with those youtube videos?
>>
i have heard that Lowlife song on the radio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwnoSeiAFSY

its not the worst, they're trying to make her a young stefani
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 539x379) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 539x379
I saw her live last year she definitely doesn't use autotune and she's cute as fuck, looks like a 12 year old though
>>
File: 518970216.jpg (377 KB, 681x1024) Image search: [Google]
518970216.jpg
377 KB, 681x1024
i mean
>>
don't be a prick. what isn't "overproduced nowadays" are you more into those faggot folk bands like mumford and songs?
>>
i don't think a label could commit this hard with marketing.........
>>
I saw her before
>>
File: swedennationaldress.jpg (64 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
swedennationaldress.jpg
64 KB, 800x533
>>63802255
That's how I found it. I searched for an internet radio station based on Kelly Osbourne - One Word (Cox Remix) which is a cover of the 80's song Visage - Fade to Grey

This is bubblegum. The lyrics are complex for the genre, the song is catchy, the singer is pretty.

If she worked with a DJ she could be remixed by someone well known and have a 10/10 dance summer hit on her hands.
>>
>>63802383
What was it like? Who is her audience?
>>
File: pppopo.png (291 KB, 1004x611) Image search: [Google]
pppopo.png
291 KB, 1004x611
>>63801170
>>63801261
>>63801555
>>63802077
>>63802367
>>
I love how her PR team is samefagging the thread. Like this is so unusually bad and mediocre that I can't even believe any person would post this unironically on a music discussion board. Fucking, she needs to fire these guys and get a better team.
>>
>>63802503
This, it's embarrassing. Seriously, get yr parents to hire a new marketing firm or some shit.
>>
>>63802503
The same idiot was even shilling on /pol/ talking about how the lyrics were against degeneracy
>>
that fuck you people complaining about.
>>
>>63803324
lol
>>
>>63802222
you sound like a jealous moron
>>
>>63802077
My threads are better than this.
>>
>>63802503
If you think any record label would commit this much to an image board I have a piece of land on the moon I'd like to sell to you.

Thanks for watching our videos OP <3
>>
>>63804364
Moon Dust is good shit though.
>>
>>63804364
>Thanks for watching our videos
>mfw meme marketers admit to shilling in a snarky post about how it's stupid to think they're shilling
How many layers of meta is this
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.