[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw not happy in my band excited about the music and playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 500x374
>tfw not happy in my band

excited about the music and playing it and whatnot but half of band is in another already established (and fairly big) local act. I write about 50% (at least) of the music, even when someone else brings the idea to the table initially it's often me the arranges it and brings it to it's final version, branch off of ideas others have for my shit, etc.. It is absolutely a collaborative effort but the bulk is still me. I'm seeing the dudes in the other band get acknowledged for this band quite a bit, while some people are still surprised to learn I'm in it. Initially everyone in band agreed that I write the bulk, but lately it's been "it's more of a collaborative effort" (not false) and I can see it swaying in a way eventually that other people get credit for my art if only for their visibility. I don't want to leave the band because I love the people I play with and what we're doing (also wouldn't accomplish much as they'd get support regardless of the music), but it feels shitty as fuck to feel like I'm just on the sidelines to anyone outside the band.

I also feel like a selfish prick for thinking like this though

:(
>>
>>63798129
Make yourself more visible. Go out to shows every week, meet people, tell them what you do. Ultimately it doesn't matter who did what as long as the end product is good and you function as a unit, but it fucking sucks to not get recognition.

I'd say write as much as you can and just crack on as you are, just make yourself more known in the local scene. Make friends, have a good stage presence. Definitely do not get all autistic about credit though, there's one guy I see around all the time and I saw his band once; he was drumming, this other semi well known guy was singing/playing guitar. Every time I meet that drummer he forgets who I am, I mention we met at that performance and he says "oh yeah, that's MY band."

Don't be like fucking Jacob.
>>
Ricky?
>>
>>63798226
I am known in the local scene, just not from a band (yet) and not to the level these guys are from their bands. The people in the scene who already know me mostly know what's good because I've been showing them my ideas for years, but the people who go out to shows, book, etc etc

it just feels shitty to know I'll probably just be seen as a small player when the band would be completely different without my input and attempts at direction
>>
>>63798293
Play a lot of shows, establish stage presence. No other advice. The problem is from within you unfortunately, unless you want to compromise the integrity of the band by shifting the attention all towards yourself somehow.
>>
>>63798382
I suppose I'll just have to climb on shit while I play and bleed a lot then
>>
When that first record comes out the writing credits will say it all, anon.
>>
>>63798888
someone this naive does not deserve those quads
>>
>>63798129
wow, you selfish motherfucker
>>
>>63798917
wow you got ironied
>>
>>63798983
I don't want to be THE FACE OF THE BAND or some shit I just want my contributions acknowledged
>>
>>63799001
they are acknowledged by your bandmates right? stop being so thirsty for fame insecure fag. recognition will come if you're good enough anyway
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.