[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE CLASH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: londoncalling.jpg (289 KB, 1035x1035) Image search: [Google]
londoncalling.jpg
289 KB, 1035x1035
Okay, so I listened to London Calling. loved it to bits. Which Clash album should I listen to next?
>>
>>63789953
You love 55% filler? Check out Sandanista
>>
The self-titled is considered the other classic Clash album. Sandinista probably sounds most like London Calling, but it's 2 and a half hours long, and has a ton of filler on it.
>>
>>63790029
I mean there are probably a few songs I'd cut off of London Calling but the ones I loved - I really really loved
>>
>>63790044
I get the impression that they decided Sandinista was going to be a triple album before they wrote any of the material for it
>>
>>63790898
So much this
>>
>>63789953
Nice to see a Clash thread. Probably my favourite band.

The self-titled is arguably on par with London Calling. Sandinista does have plenty of filler but the best tracks (Magnificent Seven, Charlie Don't Surf, The Call Up, Police on my Back, Washington Bullets, One More Time) are up there with the best from S! and LC.

Combat Rock has some absolute gems too. Straight to Hell and Ghetto Defendant are among their best songs. But it has Should I Stay... and Rock the Casbah too unfortunately. Give 'Em Enough Rope is a solid album; Safe European Home, Tommy Gun and Stay Free are the highlights.

A lot of their best songs aren't on a studio album though. Such as Bankrobber, This Is Radio Clash, Capital Radio, Armagideon Time and Groovy Times.
>>
>>63790029
London Calling has like 4 filler songs come on
>>
Lover's Rock and Four Horsemen are the only filler songs on LC.
>>
>>63791185

Self titled is their best album to me.
>>
>>63791436
And The Card Cheat, I'm Not Down, Death of Glory, Koka Kola, Revolution Rock, The Right Profile, Spanish Bombs, Hateful, Lost in the Supermarket...
>>
>>63791741
those are good songs...
listen to them again
>>
>>63791741
Death or Glory, Spanish Bombs, Hateful and Lost in the Supermarket are all great songs. The others are all good.
>>
>>63791741
What the fuck? Hateful, Lost in the Supermarket, Death or Glory and Koka Kola are all god-tier, I agree with the rest though.
>>
File: sandinista!.jpg (16 KB, 220x221) Image search: [Google]
sandinista!.jpg
16 KB, 220x221
>>63790029
Sandinista is a masterpiece and you should check it out OP
>>
>>63791741
spanish bombs is the best song on the album tho
>>
>>63791741
how can you actually hate Lost In The Supermarket
>>
>>63789953
Combat Rock
>>
>>63791741
>The Card Cheat
Hell no
>I'm Not Down
Not one of the better songs on LC but by no means a filler track
>Death or Glory
No
>Koka Kola
Hell no
>Revolution Rock
Should have probably been cut down to around 4 minutes max, but still isn't a bad song
>The Right Profile
That's the second best song on the album
>Spanish Bombs
That's the third best song on the album
>Hateful
Hell no
>Lost in the Supermarket
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
this is my favorite album ever just for pure energy, they really never faked it, unfortunately that makes a band burn out a lot quicker
>>
>>63791741
B8
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.