[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This mixtape is amazing, holy shit. Discuss this mixtape or your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 3
File: earl.png (243 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
earl.png
243 KB, 300x300
This mixtape is amazing, holy shit. Discuss this mixtape or your pet dies tonight.
>>
earl's by far the best thing to come out of odd future
>>
>>63789169

This.
>>
Never listened to it but please don't kill my cat
>>
this shit is garbage compared to doris and IDLSIDGO
>>
>>63789169
frank tho
>>
>>63789155
It was a lot of fun, but Earl has lost whatever it was that made this mixtape so good.
>>
>>63789184
>>63789155
my cat is really old, can I discuss this and still have them die?
>>
>>63789225
i'm not super familiar with him to be honest
>>
>>63789205
This. His first mixtape is meh but the rest is dope af
>>
This mixtape sucks. Also why is it called a mixtape? Most people listen to this shit on the internet
>>
>>63789155
he got better around Doris imo
>>
It shows loads of potential but really feels like a teaser. A good teaser, though.
>>
>>63789395
best to start getting familiar with him because he really is / was the best member of odd future
>>
muh mhltisyllabic rape rhymes
>>
File: 1455908131709.jpg (88 KB, 553x546) Image search: [Google]
1455908131709.jpg
88 KB, 553x546
I WWOULDN'T MIND IF THAT STUPID BIRD WOULD DIE TONIGHT
FUCK ME LADS
>>
I don't know about amazing, but it's pretty damn good especially considering he was like 16 when they recorded it and wrote a good chunk of the bars in the couple years before that. I think watching Earl progress over the years from an Eminem fanboy on EARL to a DOOM fanboy on Doris to finding his own voice as a rapper on IDLSIDGO has been a really rewarding process.
>>
>>63789155
IMA HOT AND BOTHERED ASTRONAUT-
>>
>Girls I'm around calves big 'cause they run a lot and scream
>>
have yet to listen to it
>>
>>63789155
The only project from Odd Future that aged alright, I can listen to this without cringing or wanting to change it
>>
>>63789225
Technically Frank is the only member to come out on Odd Future
>>
>>63789205
Honestly, I'm glad that Earl is maturing, it would be odd if he tried to remake the magic of this mixtape, it can't be replicated the same way. Old future Is something that is locked in time.
>>
>>63789169
objectively correct

>>63789205
I'd put it above Doris. I just like it's more aggressive and technical style on it.
>>
>>63793173
5/10
>>
It's not amazing, but is extremely impressive considering he was 16 when he made it.
>>
>>63793222 (checked)
It's crazy to think about the levels of hype OF had around the turn of the decade, I don't think I've seen something that large since. Obviously there have been single albums that have come out recently that got more attention than a single OF release but overall, with everybody releasing mixtapes and albums constantly over the span of a couple years, that was a fun time man.
>>
>>63793258
I feel like Doris only had a couple good singles on it honestly.
>>
>>63789155
comic sans
>>
Earls original album (not counting that one he did under another name) was actually really damn good. Hate all those swag rappers but this album was well fucking done. His lyrics are cringy at times, but in terms of rhymes and flow, he's one of the best in the new market.
>>
Do you guys like arrogant earl, or sad earl more? Honestly I like both. Give Solace a listen if you haven't already.
>>
earl's my favorite rapper. Doris > IDLSIDGO > EARL > Kitchen Cutlery (though was pretty good considering his age. had some MAD bangers.)
his unreleased songs (on albums and shit) are amazing too. my favorite is probably his first out of five new songs performance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f-Dad4j6L8
>that fucking emotion and that fucking beat
>>
>>63789155
It's shit
>>
My doggo is getting put down tomorrow. Isn't stopping me from thinking this is hot garbage though.
>>
this mixtape is very good desu, as anon said earl's the best thing to come out of OF by a long shot
>>
>>63793356
sad earl's a lot better imo, arrogant earl's pretty cliched
>>
>>63793627
sorry about about your puppio
>>
>>63789155
good mixxy
>>
>>63789155
Damn good mixtape
>>
Luper holds a special place in my heart.
>>
Haven't heard this in years but I feel like it probably aged badly.
Kinda wanna give this, Bastard and Rolling Papers a listen to see if any of them still hold up.
I think Rolling Papers might fare the best since it doesn't have alot of the overly cringey odd future lyrics from what I remember.
>>
idk if it's amazing but I fucking love Luper.
>>
Pigeons is the best song
>>
couch is the greatest hit
>>
>>63792680
CRASHIN WHILE JACKIN OFF
>>
earl went the hipster cred hip hop head route. tyler went full on sell out route.

interesting stuff.
>>
I'm a fan of the title track and luper, but it's his worst release for me. also, earl has yet to do anything as good as solace. Could you guys suggest music that's similar to that?
>>
>>63789155
I like young Earl the best, but his newer music is better. He's improved as a rapper, but seems worse as a human.
>>
>>63789155
Stapeton and Pigion are the best tracks.

pls dont kil my dog.
>>
>>63789155

Easily his best work.
>>
>>63793427

good ranking, i agree. solace i guess doesnt count but its dope as fuck too. id put it above the new one slightly desu
>>
>>63793129

>WHY DON'T YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP MOM

I cringe everytime
>>
>>63789155
i dont listen to niggershit
>>
>>63789155
Earl is dope and this mixtape is tight
>>
>>63789155
fucking kill yourself OP
>>
>>63793904
thanks familia
>>
yes i agree its very good yet also very funny. nice production. please don't kill my cats
>>
i very much enjoyed this mixtape, but i ended up liking i don't like shit i don't go outside more

the bleeps and bloops behind the voice are nice

>>63789169
i agree
>>
>>63789155
Looking forward to listening to it, senpai [spoiler]I really really don't want my dog to die ;_;[/spoiler]
>>
>>63789169
this is the truth
>>
>this thread

>>>/r/hiphopheads
>>
>>63796972

nah that part is hilarious and accurately describes what it was like to wake up early as a teenager
>>
>>63789205
no
>>
>>63798245
Yeah, I always figured there was at least a little bit of satire intended there, that a lot of people can relate to having those sorts of things floating in their head at that age. I think it was also a play to contrast the sort of edgy fantasy world where Earl is a multi-drug abusing rapist murderer with the reality of him just being a teenager pissed off at his mom. I don't want to give Earl too much credit, but I feel like at that age, he was a lot more self-aware than a lot of the guys he was hanging around and he sort of knew it.

Regardless of my opinions on the horribly shoddy discography that makes up the combined Odd Future discography, I genuinely feel that there was something really special with the run that they had and how for the most part, at the start of the whole thing, they were just a bunch of teenagers making music who had no idea how to deal with the fame they were getting and all of them (or all of the ones worth remembering, at least) really trying to grow up in different ways.
>>
>>63798443

Great post, and yeah I think you're right honestly. I always felt that way about the track and album as well. Earl is a smart dude, always has been. I like the direction he's gone in too. Love all his work and yes, the whole discography is spotty if you count everything but I still think the best stuff we got is EARL, Bastard, and Channel Orange. And it was a heck of a time period. But just those projects and the funny moments make it worth it I think.

Crazy to think of how they've all changed. remember how close earl and tyler were? I mean I get why they're not as much now. they're very different now. it makes sense.
>>
>>63798643
Yeah man. Maybe it's just because I was admittedly very close to their main demographic at the time but I remember being excited about like a new MellowHype album or a new Domo Genesis project. I even remember sitting through a Mike G. tape and liking it. And I remember critics heaping tons of acclaim on most of it. Obviously some more than others, but just looking some stuff up now Pitchfork gave the original version of BLACKENDWHITE an 8.1 and started the review off by comparing it to Straight Outta Compton. That's gotta be insane for a couple of kids to hear from a publication that, at the time, was still considered a tastemaker blog. And you know that they were aware of blogs because of all the stuff with 2dopeboyz and Earmilk.

But I guess I don't want to speculate too much on things that I have no real evidence for. They'll definitely be remembered as a big cultural thing of the first half of this decade, for better or for worse.
>>
>>63791257
This
>>
>>63789155
its bad
>>
I don't want my cats to die. Earl is good.
>>
I don't have a pet. Get fucked you piece of shit.
>>
>>63798770

Yeah exactly. Also Tyler referenced Pitchfork in the 3rd verse (not often heard) from the album version of yonkers "Stabbin any hipster nigga with a pitchfork" so I know he's not a fan but back then, yeah...crazy.
>>
EARL IS GOAT!
>>
i eff with Earl. im actually wearing an earl sweatshirt sweatshirt right now
>>
>>63799307
Fuck I remember being in high school and wanting an Earl Sweatshirt sweatshirt. Ended up getting one when he came back and dropped Doris.
Early man if you out here, we fucks with you. Best in the game under the age of 25.
>>
File: Sweet-Corn.jpg (1 MB, 2573x1709) Image search: [Google]
Sweet-Corn.jpg
1 MB, 2573x1709
>>
>>63798770
I was pretty close to their demographic too. I remember me and all my friends back in 2010 would sit in the lunchroom with a laptop and bluetooth speaker and play Bastard cause we thought we were edgy as fuck... I miss those times man. When we first saw the EARL music video oh my god... I swear it desensitized me to drug abuse. I have a lot of good memories with odd future and overall I'm glad they blew up, even if what they're making now isn't that great. The nostalgia will always be there.
>>
>>63789708
Is he still with it? and Earl?
>>
>>63789603
Because it's free.
>>
>>63789155
Heard only one song off it, and it was good.
>>
>>63796972
I always thought that part was really funny, especially since immediately after that he says "MA said wake up son good morning, I rolled out of bed greeted momma with a yawn"
>>
le meme rap

le swag xDD

le FUCK PEOPLE BURN SCHOOL xDDDD
>>
>>63801166
le mad memester
>>
Have any of them released anything of note recently? Like since cherry bomb or I don't like shit?
>>
stop replying to "do x or your mother/you/etc will die tonight" posts or you will die tonight
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.