[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Considering how dissapointing have been the last releases of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Folder.jpg (43 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
43 KB, 200x200
Considering how dissapointing have been the last releases of bands that gained a high reputation in the "indie" label (AnCo, Beach House, Deerhunter, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Arcade Fire, Wild Nothing, DIIV, Savages, The Horrors, Foals, Yuck, Ringo Deathstarr, A Place To Bury Strangers, and a few others) i guess it's time to assume that their time is done, also considering that most of them have released more than 3 LP's already.

In their last records, most of them have only showed an uninteresting and boring repetition of the same old tricks and formulas that once were hailed as the foundations of their distinctive sound.

So i'm wondering, which are the new bands that are slowly gaining a reputation in this wasted but still lovely mix of post-punk/shoegaze/dream pop/whatever genre?
>>
beach house and arcade fires last albums,were both highly praised

horrors, place to bury, ringo deathstarr, yuck never had more than 1 semi acclaimed album
>>
>>63788710
Reflektor might have been highly praised but everyone knows its inferior to Funeral and Neon Bible in every aspect
>>
Yes, you are very knowledgeable in music, r/indieheads teenager. It is indeed safe to make conclusions when you have the music knowledge of OPs caliber.
>>
>>63788625
beach house's 2015 albums were pretty stellar imo, but yes, white indie is almost dead
>>
I have grown out of indie in recent years and started listening to metal, there's way more quality stuff
>>
>>63788897
>It was highly praised but doesn't match my opinion so just disregard the love it receives

Nigga come on I like those two albums more but you can't be sincere
>>
Echo Lake's 2015 album, Era, is fucking amazing. Plus, like another anon said, Beach House's 2 albums were pretty great imo.
I don't think it's right to just go "this band is going downhill, from one album, ergo the scene is shit now". It just depends. It was always fairly niche so don't get worked on what everything means, just enjoy listening to whatever you like listening to.
>>
Ariel Pink and John Maus remain untouchable. Destroyer's Poison Season and Of Montreal's Aureate Gloom didn't get enough love either.
>>
File: tumblr_nlndbh0Rxg1tegyqro1_540.jpg (37 KB, 540x456) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlndbh0Rxg1tegyqro1_540.jpg
37 KB, 540x456
I really liked Beach House's "Depression Cherry".....
>>
File: QkS7FSG.jpg (37 KB, 889x737) Image search: [Google]
QkS7FSG.jpg
37 KB, 889x737
>>63789784
>>
Ringo Deathstarr's new album is good.
DIIV's new album was alright, just not spectacular.
Beach House's two new albums are both stellar.
The new Deerhunter is good too.
Not sure what you mean OP.
>>
File: FONVQWZh.jpg (192 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
FONVQWZh.jpg
192 KB, 1024x1024
>>63788625
if you're using that for the cover, please use this one instead, it's way better (t. the dude who made it)
>>
It's sad but if you listen to an "indie" record from 2007 and one from this year (say, La Sera's newest or Frankie Cosmos or any of those people) they kind of sound the same.

>>63790856
We await Maus' return. If he and Pink worked together again it would be incredible.
>>
I actually loved the new DIIV, and I hated Oshin.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.