[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
opinions on them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 1
File: ixJXzE_3.png (84 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ixJXzE_3.png
84 KB, 400x400
opinions on them?
>>
First 3 albums good, other albums bad
>>
shit

never ask about them again
>>
>>63784067
"oh, you like space rock? well here some winey /pol stuff"
>Agree with Anon_1.exe
>>
ultimate fedoracore shit
>>
>>63784674

this
>>
/mu/se are /mu/core
>>
>>63784099
>>63784674
>>63785063
Go lsite to Radiohead and Animal Collecitve hipsters
>>
>>63784067
Great albums, not so good in concert
>>
>>63784674
this. literally sonic fedora.
>>
>>63786314
i think you got those mixed around, anon
>>
why would you listen to Muse if you can listen to Radiohead?
>>
Origin, Absolution, and BHaR are solid albums. There are a couple good songs off of The Resistance. Panic Station off of The 2nd Law is a guilty pleasure song for me. Drones wasn't very good imo.
>>
>>63786426

Show me a single Radiohead album as good as or better than Origin of Symmetry and Absolution

protip: you literally can't
>>
>>63786444
*fedora tips to those trips

"Muse are truly phenomenal, my goodsir!"
>>
>>63786444
Amnesiac imo.

>>63784067
Showbiz, OoS and Hullaballo Soundtracks are good to me, other albums are somewhere between bad and shitty.
>>
kid a is their best after that its the bends
>>
worst radiohead cover band ever
even shittier than radiohead, actually
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfwEUzzDtzo

just listen to his breathing
can't be unheard
>>
>>63786444
Kid A, Amnesiac and HTTT are all better
>>
>>63786578
show me one example where they sound similar. i'm not saying that muse is a fantastic band, but you guys can't honestly think that origin of symmetry sounds anything like radiohead
>>
>>63786674
I agree, but Showbiz does sound kinda like Radiohead's debut. But just kinda.
>>
>>63786674
Showbiz is very much a Bends-OK Computer kind of album. They're very different groups though
>>
>>63786603
The guy just looks like a twat. And that breathing is really really annoying.

Also, just blatantly ripping-off someone else's unique singing style is beyond pathetic.

Fuck this faggot so much.
>>
Showbiz was fantastic
Origin of Symmetry was fantastic
Absolution was great
Black Holes And Revelations was great
The Resistance was mediocre
2nd Law had some good stuff but mediocre overall
Drones was mediocre

It'd be great if Bellamy got his shit together.
>>
>>63786674
Dude, I'm >>63786761, I like Muse. But c'mon, their early stuff sounds A LOT like OK C-era Radiohead.

Listen to Aribag/How Am I Driving? EP and you'll see why.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gCjxSBspmc&list=PL213E166A1CBD8C4C&index=2
>>
>>63786426
>>63786494
>>63786723
>>63786757
>lke Muse are Radiohead rip off meme

ebin simply ebin
>>
>>63786807
See >>63786800
Their early stuff sounds like rockier Radiohead, but they eventually found their own sound.
>>
Half of The Resistance is GOAT
>>
>>63786314
WTF? It´s quite the opposite, at least nowadays. One of the best rock live acts of the past decade.
>>
>>63786508
>>63786659

wrong
>>
>>63787459
Mmmh you should do more concerts
>>
I used to love them
Now I'm ashamed of telling people that I have seen them 6 times and 4 going to the capital city of the third world country I live in.

Showbiz 7/10
OOS 10/10
Abso 8/10
BHaR 8.5/10
Resistance 6.5/10
2nd Law 2(nd)/10
Drones 0/0
>>
>>63787584
I´m curious to know what you can find today that´s better than this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jKa_0xnTfU
*For the record I didn´t say they were the best live rock band just one of the best.
>>
>>63787713
How old are you?
Not a leading question just curious
>>
Exogenesis is some of the best classical music of the last 10 years
>>
I like their song called Just
>>
The 2nd Law is legitimately one of the worst albums I've ever sat through. Muse is one of those rare bands that got so bad the entire music listening community decided to retcon their own mass-consensus. Seriously, 10 years back people sucked Muse's dick, yet now it's frowned upon to even admit to liking OoS/ Absolution. That's how bad it got. Like, even Weezer fans are still allowed to like Blue and Pinkerton
>>
>>63787877
Answer first my question. I´m older than you think but younger than 30. Let´s leave it at, I´m over 18. So until u answer the question you get (18-30 range)
>>
>>63787713
nice birth squeeze family
>>
>>63788154
The fact that you're answering like that on a mongolian knitting forum tells me you think higher of yourself than others, which is in keeping with your average die-hard Muse fan
>>
angstier Coldplay with even worse lyrics
>>
>>63788060
Creep is better.
>>
>>63788185
This was funny. I don´t think of myself higher than anyone, I´m not a die-hard Muse fan. I used to be a bigger fan couple of years back but never a fanboy. I´m just trying to add some balance here, and have a discussion. Which still no one has answer, you´re just using ad honimen and not giving any real arguments, which seems like a much more of an arrogant attitude.
>>
The Bends-era Radiohead meets Queen, only bad. Except for maybe the first two albums.
>>
I really like Unsustainable. Gives me a Terminator-meets-Alien vibe.
Anyone know any songs with (computer?)voices like that?
>>
>>63786444
literally every fucking album, even pablo honey is better than origin of shitmetry
>>
Exit Music = Muse. But Jeff Buckley is proto and better than both.
>>
>>63789366
Actually, Yorke's voice is what Bellamy tried to copy all his career. And yeah, many of their stuff feel like a tribute to Exit Music.
>>
>>63787584
what country you live in famalam
>>
>>63784504
Agree with anon

They went downhill when Bellamy decided to stop singing ethereal love songs about nothing and start with his meaningless juvenile pseudo-political bullshit. They were acceptable as a good band when his shrill wail and jarring sharp inhaling into the mic was just another instrument in a mix, and went off the deep end when he started trying to say something.

Their composition is still on point, at least it was before fucking Drones.
>>
>>63786444
WTF, do you even have a brain?????

Ok Computer and Kid A are beyond God Tier alone, and the rest of thier albums can topple any Muse album any day EVEN Pablo Honey
>>
theyre okay, being frank most people learned about them through guitar hero in grade school but they have a few songs that i kept, mostly from black holes and revelations
>>
Bellamy is a great composer and musician see butterflies and hurricanes and space dementia for proof. With that said, they're pop rock radio friendly shit would make anybody who hasn't heard their earlier work think they always made weak shit. This wasn't always the case
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.