[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We still pretending we don't like Alex Turner or...?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 750x750
We still pretending we don't like Alex Turner or...?
>>
>we
Who are you talking about?
>>
File: The_Cost_Of_Frustration1.jpg (33 KB, 405x299) Image search: [Google]
The_Cost_Of_Frustration1.jpg
33 KB, 405x299
>>63780352
>we
>>
is that alex turner? she looks pretty hot
>>
All I want to know is if this album is just made up of unofficial James Bond theme songs like that last album?
>>
>>63780352
>principal songwriter of the English rock band Arctic Monkeys
>Arctic Monkeys are an English rock band formed in 2002 in High Green, a suburb of Sheffield.
>Sheffield (i/ˈʃɛfiːld/) is a city and metropolitan borough in South Yorkshire, England. Historically part of the West Riding of Yorkshire,
>The West Riding of Yorkshire is one of the three historic subdivisions of Yorkshire, England
>England i/ˈJŋɡlənd/ is a country that is part of the United Kingdom
>The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK) or Britain,[nb 4] is a sovereign state in Europe.
>Europe (i/ˈjʊərəp/ or /ˈjɜːrəp/[4]) is a continent that comprises the westernmost part of Eurasia.
>Eurasia is the combined continental landmass of Europe and Asia
>Asia is the Earth's largest and most populous continent, located primarily in the eastern and northern hemispheres.
>The Northern Hemisphere of Earth is the half that is north of the equator.
>An equator is the intersection of the surface of a rotating sphere with the plane that is perpendicular to the sphere's axis of rotation and midway between its poles.
>A geographical pole is either of the two points on a planet
>A planet (from Ancient Greek ἀστήρ πλανήτης astēr planētēs, or πλάνης ἀστήρ plánēs astēr, meaning "wandering star")[1] is an astronomical object orbiting a star
>A star is a luminous sphere of plasma held together by its own gravity. The nearest star to Earth is the Sun.
>The Sun (in Greek: Helios, in Latin: Sol[a]) is the star at the center of the Solar System
>The Solar System[a] is the gravitationally bound system comprising the Sun and the objects that orbit it, either directly or indirectly

As long as I'm a part of this Solar System I will not like him.
>>
he is a great songwriter

the last arctic monkeys album was terrible though I think they should just quit and he should do solo albums
>>
>>63780531
nah AM was a shit load better than fucking Suck It And See

I currently have mixed feelings about them. AM had better songwriting and lyrics than SIAS but the subjects of said lyrics were fucking trash, and they completely "americanized" their sound.
I still have hope for them, but I doubt they'll ever reach Humbug-levels again, that shit was a masterpiece.
>>
>>63780386
Us
>>
>rock
>and
>roll
will never die

>invoice me for the mic
>>
First three Arctics albums were fantastic. Suck It And See was quite weak in parts, but in other parts fucking strong, like Reckless Serenade and Don't Sit Down.

Their last album is just trash though. 13 year old Tumblrina pandering nonsense that clearly jumped on the Black Keys popularity bandwagon.

By all reports the guy is a colossal dick.
>>
I really like this record. Only about half of it is bona fide great, but some excellent moments. All the singles work a lot better in context of the album. I miss when great guitar pop was mainstream in indie like in the 2000s.
>>
Have met the man himself a few times during the Sheffield indie revolution from 2003-2007, wasn't too bad back then.
Since then, a complete fucking dick. Met Matt Helders again (and the old bassist Andy) after nearly seven years not long ago at a friend's parents dinner party as he's vaguely related, and he told me that Alex just didn't enjoy coming home cause he's enjoying his current lifestyle.
Plenty of better Sheffield indie acts then and now, Arctic Monkeys are nothing special.
>>
>>63781019
It's funny how Alex apparently became the thing they criticized in their early years. I seriously have no idea how such a drastic change happened.

>>63781008
AM shits all over SIAS. More consistent, huge peaks that rival the ones in SIAS. Also, they nailed what they were aiming for with Don't Sit Down a lot better in AM imo. SIAS still has a couple of fantastic songs though.
>>
File: 83_JarvisCocker_L281005.jpg (94 KB, 300x184) Image search: [Google]
83_JarvisCocker_L281005.jpg
94 KB, 300x184
>Arctic Monkeys are the best band from Sheffield
>Arctic Monkeys are the best band from Yorkshire

If you think this you should basically kill yourself.
>>
>>63781366
Only standout song on AM is Arabella, everything else barring the overplayed singles is forgettable.

I'm hoping they'll return to their old sound with number 6, like Kings of Leon did with their last album.
>>
>>63781578
you misspelled knee socks my man
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.