[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is no one talking about the new Aesop Rock album? I like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 213_Digital_Cover_1024x1024.jpg (468 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
213_Digital_Cover_1024x1024.jpg
468 KB, 1024x1024
Why is no one talking about the new Aesop Rock album?

I like the two singles off the album so far.
>>
There's been a second single? Or are you referring to that freestyle over Pusha's beat?
>>
>>63765965
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q5zNHNIewg
>>
>>63765965
I'm excited btw. Skelethon is my favorite album of his and while his collabs have been fun, he works the best alone. I think that's part of his personality.
>>
>>63765986
>he works the best alone
I agree. Labor days and None Shall Pass are some of my favorites of his. I wasn't fanatical about Skelethon but it was good. The Impossible Kid sounds like it's going to be everything that was the best about Skelethon for an entire album.
>>
>>63766015
Yeah, I will admit the second half isn't as good as the first. I just connect to it more and think he balances his writing really well on it. I've never enjoyed him as some do by digging through his lyric pages. I like it better when you get a taste on the first listen but come away with deeper understanding the more spins you give it. Plus there was a really personal story in it. That new single is pretty cool. Sonically similar to Ruby 81.
>>
>>63766141
I appreciate the really poetic lyrics he writes and even the simple ones like Grace or Racing Stripes. Really just depends on how good each individual song is. I liked a lot of what he did on Skelethon but it doesn't stand out to me as being some of his best work. Not in my opinion at least. I have a lot of faith in this new album though.
>>
>>63766141
Btw, I'm friends with a decently recognized hip-hop journalist. Some people he knows have heard the record and say it's very good though shy of Skelethon. I think most of them probably hold Skelethon as highly I do though.
>>
>>63766229
I think it will be less ambitious than Skelethon but for that reason more consistently good. Which might hurt it in critics' eyes but I think I'll love it
>>
>>63765942
looks like some shirt id buy from hot topic back in the day
>>
>>63766789
yeah, the artwork is pretty corny.

as long as he's not fucking with Kimya anymore, I'll be happy
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.