[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need two Radiohead songs to show to a class for a project. They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: thomyorke.jpg (60 KB, 500x662) Image search: [Google]
thomyorke.jpg
60 KB, 500x662
Need two Radiohead songs to show to a class for a project. They can only be from OKC, Kid A, or Amnesiac.
>>
>>63762870
knives out and paranoid android
>>
would choose

Paranoid Android
and
Idioteque

one good example of an electronic song and one that is a bit more traditional rock
>>
>>63762935
>>63762957
was thinking about paranoid and idioteque at first, those seem to be the two i would say defining songs of each album
>>
>>63762870
It depends OP, just any, or do they need to represent radiohead music?
>>
>>63762983
Yeah idioteque is a good choice because it's easily the most accessible song from Kid A/Amnesiac (except for Optimistic, but it's a lot better than Optimistic and is more representative of the albums).

As far as Paranoid Android goes, I would recommend considering Let Down as well. Very beautiful song, the plebs in your class might enjoy it more. Tho paranoid android is more interesting.

Listen to them from 20 feet away with shitty speakers and see which one you enjoy more.
>>
>>63763004
they need to represent radiohead: their sound, their scope, their legacy

like i currently have let down and everything in its right place as my choices, might change it
>>
>>63762935
Karma Police and How to Disappear Completely. They are easily accessible and very catchy.
>>
>>63763042
don't play EIIRP. not accessible enough. And I wouldn't rob anyone of listening to EIIRP for the first time by playing it in a classroom on shit speakers
>>
>>63762870
Fitter happier
Treefingers
>>
>>63763036
let down is yeah very nice

>>63763044
yeah karma police is pretty much a good choice, just don't personally like it as much as the other songs on the album. how to disappear completely could work, although it's very very sad and i like morning bell a lot more

>>63763076
yeah i'll probably forego playing eiirp, it might not get to them

>>63763111
those are probably the most inaccessible tracks: one is a robot voice with creepy piano, the other is ed's guitar loops with no vocals.
>>
>>63763149
Lucky, Everything in it's right place
>>
I love how radiohead fans automatically think OP class is full of plebs.
Pretentious much?
>>
>>63762870
kid a, and fitter happier.
>>
>>63763177
mind you, they're only 30-second clips i can show. lucky takes too long to reach its climaxes, although it's easily one of my favorite songs
>>
>>63762870
go talk show host and the national anthem
>>
>>63763214
maybe fitter happier would be a good choice, just because i can't really stand anymore the melodies they use. it all sounds so straining, like i can't listen to radiohead anymore except for their atonal, experimental pieces
>>
>>63762870
Why just 2?
>>
>>63763268
can only have like a minute of samples; ergo, two thirty-second samples
>>
Paranoid android and everything in its right place seem like the two best picks to me.
>>
Let Down and The Tourist imo
>>
>>63762870
creep and karma police lmao
>>
>>63763774
>creep
Kek
>>
>>63762870
>Includes Radiohead in class project
How fucking pathetic
>>
>>63763199
Dude in a normal high school classroom, literally 80% of people either "listen to everything" or "listen to everything but rap and country", meaning, of course, they only listen to the radio, spotify playlists, and "10 hour study beethoven ambient focus relax music" on youtube. Seriously only about 20%, and that's being generous, would have done any kind of music exploration outside of that.
>>
Since you're dealing with total plebs here, I'd just play it safe and go with Electioneering and Optimistic
>>
>>63765397
It's a band
What's pethetic about it?
>>
Karma Police
>>
>>63765521
Honestly, this. I didn't even get into radiohead or David Bowie until like Junior or Senior year of highschool. Before that it was all Disturbed and random metal. I thought I was "branching out" when I listened to FantomenK.
>>
File: ROCK_OVER_LONDON.jpg (88 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
ROCK_OVER_LONDON.jpg
88 KB, 720x480
>>63763215
>30 seconds to define an album, let alone a band
Wow, I get that it may be for time but that's just ridiculous.
>>
>>63765397
It's honestly not fucking pathetic. They had us pick artists. Would you rather I pick some country star like everyone else? A really awful plebeian rapper? Your average edgy metal band? I picked Radiohead because I like their music and I knew a lot about them already to do a report on.

The report has to be in Spanish, btw.

>>63765521
This kid's got it. I have the most advanced musical taste in the class, not to brag or anything. No one in there branches out or even attempts to find other music out there, it very much is pop-oriented, Rihanna, Meghan Trainor, all the shit pop artists. I could've done MBV or GYBE, but I knew it'd be stupid because no one would get it.

>>63765622
I personally don't care too much for either of those songs. I think there are equally accessible songs on either album that still get the job done of showing who Radiohead are.

>>63767007
It is, but hey, I don't make the fucking rules. My classmates and my teacher are plebs who don't understand full anything because we're in this media-obsessed, consumerist culture where it's single-bite songs instead of full albums. Fuck me if anyone could sit through even Is This It, let alone a Schoenberg piece like Pierrot lunaire
>>
>>63762870
are you in middle school?
>>
>>63767425
I'm not, no. I'm a depressed high-school senior who hates you fucking all and wants to off himself by 30 if fame doesn't come his way
>>
>>63767355
>GY!BE

GY!BE would've been fun to just run a creshendo and then let them get blue balls and realize why 30 seconds is a bad idea.
>>
>>63767555
true, but would that crescendo even register to them? i mean fuck i'm being serious, have they ever heard any kind of crescendo in their life? it makes me so fucking sad that none of the songs they've ever listened to have featured actual crescendos or unorthodox structure. jesus christ it's just static static verse-verse-chorus-verse-bridge-chorus-fade holy fuck
>>
>>63767654
Is this a troll comment/reference to a pasta?
>>
>>63767745
i was actually being serious but just to sidestep a BIT, what i meant was ACTUAL crescendo. like the post-rock kind, not the drivel you hear on radio stations

like real, dynamic crescendos
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.