[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is their best album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: boardsofcanada.jpg (27 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
boardsofcanada.jpg
27 KB, 460x276
what is their best album?
>>
Hooper Bay ;^)
>>
geogaddi
>>
Tri Repetae
>>
N/A
>>
Drukqs
>>
Self-titled
>>
In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country
>>
Either beautiful place out in the country or twoism.
>>
>>63761646

Catalog 3
>>
boc maxima tbqh

in a beautiful place out in the country is my favorite track tho

>>63761760
>>63761781
these are wrong for their real respective artists btw
>>
>>63761909
Confield and SAW?
>>
>>63761909
Stop being a faggot. Left Side Drive is their objectively best track.
>>
>>63761735
The fact is, this music reaches a part of me that no conventional guitars, horns, drums, vocals or what have you can reach. There is a depth within these beats, melodies, twisted radio clips and vocals, and bass-lines that skip past my brain without a second look and propel themselves straight for my guts, twisting them and making me succumb like a little baby in a fetal position. I don't know how these guys do it, I honestly don't. It's music like this that reduces me to lame comments such as "all other music just feels unimportant after hear this." Because I sometimes really do feel that way with BoC.

So, when you're done with all of the cute IDM music out there (most of which I also love) like Autechre, Squarepusher, and even Aphex Twin (which is probably the closest to getting the kind of praise BoC does with his ambient music), you'll eventually land on this group like I did and determine that everything else is just a fun little detour on your way to the most gripping, enveloping, and colorful music you've ever laid ears on.
>>
>>63761997
is this pasta?
>>
no love for hi scores?
>>
Geogaddi I think is the coolest album I'd probably say that one is their "best", I overlistened to it back when I was only starting to get into music, Campfire Headphase is my favourite now >:D all of them are very good and I also think Twoism is their most underrated D:
>>
>>63762085
That's actually my favorite BoC release but OP asked for albums.
>>
>>63761997
Yeah true! BoC are insanely talented.
>>
I've read some interviews with them and it's sorta surprising how much they don't really like dance and ""electronic''''' music.

Some of the stuff they say could be read as digs at AE, honestly.
>>
was their remix of trapped the beginning of vaporwave?
>>
>>63761646
Acid Memories
>>
>>63761997
i agree
>>
>>63761997
it's not a competition or anything. you can listen to different artists for distinct moods or occasion or situations or purposes.
>>
>>63762788
As they should. Boards of Canada makes Autechre look like a child fiddling with knobs on daddy's synthesizer.
>>
File: Twoism.png (456 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Twoism.png
456 KB, 500x500
>>63764140
I don't know... I'm not sure any Boards of Canada album tops Incunabula

Pic related is probably my favorite though
>>
>>63764140
IMO they're too different to compare and ultimately each have their own particular goals in what they're trying to achieve with their music - never got the endless comparisons between those two. They both have their strengths.

Anyway, BoC clearly respect Ae (even if their newer and more "technical" work isn't to their taste) and vice versa.
>>
>>63764189
What's your favorite track off of that? I like the track Twoism quite a bit
>>
>>63764457
that is my favorite too
>>
Geogaddi is fucking awsome. I love the slightly creepy atmosphere it gives off. Music has the right is great as well
>>
it's hilarious to hear millennials argue over Ae, BoC and AFX because none of you seem to have the intelligence to realize NONE of them would've realized the heights they did without them all influencing eachother
And also none of you listen to Pan Sonic which is really sad
>>
>>63764616
wow... hes so cool...
>>
>>63761997
Pasta.

Ae is more talented though.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.