[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of Arcade Fire and this album? What other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: Arcade-Fire-The-Suburbs-art1.jpg (181 KB, 608x602) Image search: [Google]
Arcade-Fire-The-Suburbs-art1.jpg
181 KB, 608x602
What do you guys think of Arcade Fire and this album?

What other albums are similar to this?
>>
Daft Punk - R.A.M.
>>
This album starts off strong with 3 really good songs, but the quality goes down severely after that before going back up towards the end. I'd give it a strong 7.
>>
>>63754906
Neon Bible>Funeral> Reflektor> The Suburbs.

It has its moments but its their weakest album imo. Neon Bible is god-tier dow.
>>
>>63755055
Reflektor is in no imaginable sense better than Suburbs you mongrel.
>>
>>63755068
I know that /mu/ decided Reflektor was bad but i still disagree.
>>
>>63755055
I would rank Reflektor at the bottom. I never go back to that album.
>>
>>63755055
Contrarian: The Post
>>
>>63755102
i wouldn't even include it, jesus it sucked so bad.
>>
>>63755150
Well, The only unpopular opinion is Reflektor over Suburbs.
Quite a few people rank Neon Bible over Funeral and everyone agrees they are the two best.

So not really, Contrarian: The Post would be

Reflektor>The Suburbs>Neon Bible>Funeral
>>
>>63755260
Autism: The Post
>>
>>63755291
Proven Wrong: The Post
>>
whats an arcade fire?
>>
>>63755309
How can I be proven wrong about your various arbitrary rankings?
>>
>>63755349
Popular opinion is something you can measure.
>>
>>63755375
If you ask the right questions.
>>
>>63755343
It's an album by that group the Suburbs
>>
>>63755203
That album was supposed to be their big mainstream breakthrough. Got hyped up and basically landed with a thud. Just awful all around.
>>
>>63755055
>Reflektor> The Suburbs

This is incorrect.
>>
it's an amazing album, but Funeral is better
imo:

Funeral>The Suburbs>Neon Bible>Reflektor

but all of them are good
>>
>>63755055
Reflektor and The Suburbs should be equal since they're both awful.
>>
Seen em live twice once for Neon Bible and the second for the Suburbs tour and the band has gotten too big that everything about them seems far more insufferable if they were just scraping by like Wolf Parade or Okkervil River.
>>
>>63756943
I almost put them equal but I do prefer Reflektor.
>>
>>63755636
>Arcade Fire
>not mainstream
mate they won the grammy for album of the year and they basically broke through with their debut album
wake up was EVERYWHERE between 2004 and 2008
Arcade Fire is pretty much as mainstream as independent rock gets
>>
Why do people idealise their teenage years so much?
>>
>>63758560
when you're a teenager, nothing makes sense and you're really scared
so when you find something that alleviates that anxiety and validates your existence, it sticks out in your mind
people feel good about getting through the hardest years of their lives
>>
>>63758594
I think I started living teenage experiences in early 20s
>>
>>63758560
After the teenage years, either responsibilities or the nagging feeling that you should have responsibilities tends to kick in.
>>
>>63755055
>Neon Bible the best
mah nigga
>>
>>63754906
can we all just agree that their entire discog is collectively shit?
>>
>>63755055
finally someon!! oi fucking love neon bible, good track after good track
>>
Arcade fire is honestly crosley tier
>>
File: 1452796201645.gif (1 MB, 218x218) Image search: [Google]
1452796201645.gif
1 MB, 218x218
>>63755545
>2010 grammys
sick reference bro
>>
>>63754906
Arcade Fire have been my favorite band ever since I've properly got into music. I know they're not wildly experimental and they don't have any trap influenced beats but for me they're by far the greatest band I've ever listened to.

They're instrumentation is always so layered and ambitious, like there's not one Arcade Fire song that's instrumental wasn't thought through and made sure to be as good as it could be. They're lyrics are some of the only lyrics I've ever come across that I can actually relate to. It's all about the human condition and how different societal institutions impact the way you think. (Basically Plato's The Cave)

I dunno they just mean everything to me there's not a single Arcade Fire song I don't like and they're yet to release a record that wasn't at least an 8.

If you're looking for artists with similar sounds there's really not much when it comes to chamber rock, but I would suggest Sufjan Stevens, The Flaming Lips, Wolf Parade, The National and maybe some Wilco.
>>
Mother Falcon is Arcade Fire if they tried to be a bit more symphonic
>>
>>63760904

>>reddit
>>
Funeral > The Suburbs > Neon Bible > Reflektor disc 2 >Reflektor disc 1

It helps if you where in your last year of school when the suburbs came out.
>>
>>63754906
I love Arcade Fire, /mu/ seems to hate them for whatever reason. I dunno, maybe it's because I've attached sentimental value to their records.

The Suburbs > Funeral > Reflektor > Neon Bible
>>
>>63763298

Interesting order. I'm curious to know what you don't like about Neon Bible.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.