[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst online music community?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: Skull.jpg (7 KB, 218x218) Image search: [Google]
Skull.jpg
7 KB, 218x218
People love to complain about Reddit, but I'd say the Ultimate-Guitar community is definitely worse. A bunch of le wrong generation-ers, and on the other side, people who listen to a bunch of underground metal, but always bring them up in the comments section as if everyone should fucking know about them. The cherry on top being the awful articles by UG.
>>
Reddit.com/r/indieheads
>>
>inb4 self-deprecating /mu/tants alleging it's /mu/
>>
>>63751480
/mu/ is probably among the worst online music communities though.

80% of discussions here are shit. The 20% is sometimes worth staying for.
>>
>>63751249
Man have you seen the top 100 tabs these days? For years it would stay the same, rarely change, full of objective guitar classics like Stairway etc.. Now it's literally top 40 3 chord shit, Stairway is way down the list lol
>>
File: 1395536277980.gif (13 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1395536277980.gif
13 KB, 500x500
>>63751480
>unironically thinking /mu/ is good

it's not the same kind of bad as reddit, UG, last.fm, or p4k

it's a special kind of awful
>>
>>63751540

I've been hanging around here for a couple of weeks and the amount of good music I've discovered is amazing. Beats most communities, even with trolls.

>>63751591

That's not representative of the people who participate in that site. It's mostly just people who googled how to play a song on the guitar and got directed there.
>>
>>63751628
>>unironically thinking /mu/ is good

>you are not the worst community ever, you are a good one

By your logic, piss is good because its not the worst food ever (at least shit is worse than piss)
>>
>>63751640
Jonas nej
>>
>>63751661
Piss isn't food. It isn't even a beverage
>>
>>63751249
/mu/ to be honest. most toxic music board i've been on. but hey, it's 4chan
>>
>>63751846

>using toxic to describe a community

4chan is 18+ friendo
>>
/mu/ is pretty fucking bad.

A good three-quarters of the threads are garbage shitposts by either people who have no real knowledge or interest in music or purposeful shitposts from those that have given up hope;
genuinely good discussions are usually derailed by mentally-damaged trips having breakdowns,
it is a predominantly white board as well, visible in the garbage taste in hip hop which barely scratches the surface below Kendrick and Kanye,

that said,
there are moments of true beauty that come from this board. Times when the latest indie-circlejerk spews out a genuinely good discussion,
times when avant-garde art projects are created by people that never have, and never will meet each other,
times when I have looked at this crying child of a board and thought that it is genuinely a beautiful place to be.

Also the sharethreads are great. For the most part.
>>
>>63751884
yeah, doesn't mean the users are 18+
>>
/mu/ of course

It's just shitposting, circlejerking and hugboxing.
>>
Worst online music community? Why it's /mu/, of course!
>>
>>63751846
Back to...
>>
>>63751249
/mu/ is the worst, full of pretencious hipsters, 90% is shit music, memes or shitposting.

I'm only here because it's the one who works better on my phone.
>>
>>63751661
>comparing music websites to piss or shit

You're this autistic, moron.
>>
/mu/ is definitely the worst music discussion board. The best online music communities are the ones that cater to specific genres, except for hip hop forums, those are pretty awful.
>>
I'm curious, where does /mu/ discuss music other than at /mu/? I look at a few subreddits occasionally but there is usually no real discussion and aside from the occasional post that catches my interest they aren't that great.
>>
File: leronggen.png (14 KB, 622x161) Image search: [Google]
leronggen.png
14 KB, 622x161
>>
This place is far from the worst you fucking mugs.
>>
/r/music
/r/lewronggeneration
>>
>>63753645

>90s: edgy clothes and edgy music

omg the 90s xDD I luvvv the 90s my people dae remember Sunny D???????
>>
I really, really wish that /bleep/ was good.

It's just like the daily programming threads on /g/. Just one giant argument, people namefagging and memeing around so much that it's impossible to find good choons f a m.
>>
people who think /mu/ is the worst really have no idea how bad most other sites are
>>
>>63755879
this
even reddit is far worse, and it's not even that shit compared to how awful some places are (though it's still terrible)
>>
>>63751249
>The cherry on top being the awful articles by UG
>articles
>UG

You mean blog posts.

I'd say the user generated top 10 are much worse, though. Their best guitarist of 2015 list was such a joke, not to mention their collective hardon for Tool is something mindnumbing.

Then again, the forum is quite literally 10% 'how do i sound like metallica' and 90% people trying to be wise-asses. If Google links me to one more post on the UG Forums, I will fly to the US and physically destroy the servers UG is on.
>>
>>63751970
>it is a predominantly white board as well

Why is this a bad thing? Unless you're still parroting the "white people are boring and uncool lel" meme.
>>
/mu/ to me seems to have actually gotten better over time, unlike most boards here.
I remember leaving in 2012 (I think, it's all a haze now) because the constant shitposting about the /mu/core chart and the rampant tripfags got to me. Coming here now I don't see nearly as many tripfags, shitposting seems pertained to it's own threads instead of constantly leaking onto discussion, and there are even generals where huge faggots can be contained.
Am I correct in my assumption, or has the board actually gotten worse somehow?
>>
>>63751255
No way! They are a bunch of mild mannered memme hungry gentle folk.
>>
You are living on it...
>>
Where do you guys download music? I usually stream everything, but I've been trying to find an old compilation albulm I used to have, and the only complete ones on KAT/TPB have no seeders
>>
>>63756863
Because it makes for garbage hip hop discussions, mainly.

Plus it can look like fucking Stormfront in here from time to time.
>>
>>63756914
no i agree with you, /mu/ has its problems now (mainly the lack of sharethreads) but it isn't nearly as awful as it was a few years ago. every now and then some irrelevant tripfag from 2011 pops out of his tumblr cave to preach about the "golden age of /mu/" but you really weren't missing anything except folk punk worship, feel guy and lil b threads
>>
>>63751249
check out 4chan.org/mu/ then
>>
File: scooby3.jpg (52 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
scooby3.jpg
52 KB, 540x405
>>63751834
>>
Metallum is pretty fucking bad. The mods are wizard-levels of autistic and the system is just based on appeasing their feelings to get your voice heard.

>x band isn't metal because I don't personally like them, even though they objectively share every characteristic of the sound of other bands that are metal
>x band isn't metal because they're not good
>Bergtatt gets a 0% score because it's untrve for using acoustic guitars
>Well-written reviews and posts get deleted for no reason other than the mods disagree with them
>Absolute shitposts get published if the mod agrees with the sentiment

Just a disaster of a site. I'll admit it's an impressive catalogue though, I've never looked for a band that I couldn't find there.

Reddit is bad because of its setup, it encourages circlejerking and is just an endless cycle of the same handful of popular albums getting posted and upvoted while obscure stuff doesn't appear because it's not popular enough.
/mu/ is bad because of the userbase, but generals are pretty good.
>>
>>63758975
>Reddit is bad because of its setup, it encourages circlejerking and is just an endless cycle of the same handful of popular albums getting posted and upvoted while obscure stuff doesn't appear because it's not popular enough.

the same goes to any other site with a thumbs up/thumbs down approval system, it's an all around flawed way of discussing thingd
>>
>>63758860
I just remember whenever I would try to actually discuss music CLT would show up and throw his shit opinions around, and then the thread would just devolve into a CLT circlejerk. God I fucking hated that guy.
>>
sputnikmusic
>>
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/forums/music-corner.2/

>Best Beatles Cover version
>Do you have any BEATLES photos I've never seen before?
>Best "Track 7" on A Beatles LP
>>
>>63751249
I submit tabs to ultimate guitar. Does this make me a part of their community?
>>
r/music and r/hiphopheads tied w ultimateguitar
>>
>>63760655
yes playing tabs is for faggots
>>
no absolutepunk.net? or all of you to underage to remember those days
>>
>>63760731
But I enjoy tabbing songs (to some extent)
>>
>>63756863
do some research on the history of the world and tell me white people arent the route of all evils.
>>
>>63756786

Ha! I think their servers are in Russia. Anyways, yes, definitely more in the blog post range. I started going years ago when I learned how to play guitar. It seems as the time has passed, the more and more of a pandering circlejerk the site has become. I remember when I first started going there, at least they would discuss some lesser known metal groups(i don't even care for metal that much), but now it's just "GNR REUNION GAIZ", "METALLICA ALBUM SORTA KINDA MAYBE BEING WORKED ON" and ", "POP STAR DOES SOMETHING YOU DONT LIKE, BRO"

They still write about music theory, as if they were explaining it to a 'rebellious' 13 year-old who refuses to learn because he thinks it's boring, and because their guitarhero didn't know it.

People bashing on /Mu have no clue, or are being self-deprecating smart-asses. I don't live in a big city, so just finding people that like music like I do is a challenge.
>>
>>63751737
jo
>>
>>63760788
youre just proving my point
>>
>>63760856
at least put some effort into your craft fisherman anon
>>
Reddit has some decent (as far as reddit goes) music discussion boards but they're pretty much only tolerable due to low populations. But yeah r/music and the larger subs revolving around more contemporary genres are pretty trash.

I only use UG for tabs but I imagine it's awful otherwise.

/mu/ is great now compared to what it was like a couple of years ago.
>>
>>63751846
>people were mean about my shit taste :(((((((

not the reason /mu/ is terrible faggot
>>
>>63760961
literally the only tolerable subreddit that isn't artist or genre specific is r/letstalkmusic
if you use r/indieheads or r/hiphopheads I'm genuinely interested to know how you think they are not complete shitholes that manage to be infinitely worse than here
>>
>>63760921
How? Rude desu
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.