[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
What went right?
>>
meme mastery
>>
People like annoying music
>>
>>63747524
dumbing down of the general populus
>>
File: 1402464687680.jpg (57 KB, 472x645) Image search: [Google]
1402464687680.jpg
57 KB, 472x645
those legs
>>
>>63747524
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qTIGg3I5y8
Cookie Monster.
>>
>>63747524
Carly Rae Jepsen like every other poptimist act before her is just another mediocre artist, the supposed difference between her and all the other acts like her is she was praised not only by p4k but also fantano. Any who actually believe she has the same place in history as true artists like Swans or Flying Lotus is just another unfortunate hipster that has deluded themselves into thinking that their consideration of awful mainstream artists makes the more "concious" then those who listens exclusively to underground artists with talent. "But wait" you say, "you have to admit she is at least good". The reply to this is obvious why settle for a good artist who is more mainstream when you can settle for a brilliant artist who is underground.
>>
>>63747524
I mean I think she's pretty qt
>>
>>63747669
How can you make me so disgusted to agree with your opinion? Was it the fedora delivery of the post?
>>
>>63747669
>true artists like Swans or Flying Lotus
b8 confirmed
>>
test
>>
>>63747524
MILKY
WHITE
LEGS
>>
>>63747669
Flying Lotus and Swans aren't catchy and fun to listen to though...

That's the missing part of your argument. Throw out the term poptimist and think about the music, or rather, don't think about the music.

Fun music is dope bro.
>>
10/10 legs
5/10 face
0/10 music
>>
File: legs.jpg (883 KB, 1962x3000) Image search: [Google]
legs.jpg
883 KB, 1962x3000
i really
REALLY
want to cum all over her legs
>>
>>63751926
I would pet them like a BETA male
>>
>>63747524
Holy shit those legs.
>>
>>63747669
sometimes music is just music

its not always about the message behind it or being 3deep

its just sounds, bud

you are acting like how everyone acts when the first get on /mu/ honestly, like a real newfag thinking he discovered objective taste
>>
>>63750968
this
>>
>>63750968
Bro, come on. Call Me Maybe was catchy as shit. One of the best pop songs of the last decade, no joke.
>>
Her legs went right
>>
>>63752153
this guy is a fucking idiot
>>
>>63747669
I think it's important to keep up with what's popular, otherwise we end up like our parents. Dadrock is a term for a reason. I'd rather listen to a few pop acts from the charts than none at all. We have teengers where I work and to be able to connect with them on even a small level is a success.

If we don't keep an open mind to what they enjoy it can cause a big disconnect and I don't think that's a good thing. I don't dedicate my time to the charts, but if I can at least keep one ear on what's popular it can be quite rewarding.

I'm still going to prefer my experimental Japanese noise rock bands to CRJ, but there is a place for people like her and of all of the mainstream acts I think her, Marina and Charli all bring something that others don't.

They may not be as objectively talented as underground acts, but immaculately produced pop has always had a place in our society and it's nice to let loose when I'm not interested in listening to another fifty minute "art rock" album.
>>
>>63752397
t. salty
>>
>>63747524
Everything, save the fact that people hate on it as if it were the FNAF of music.
>>
>>63747669
I like Carly because I like her music
>>
>>63747524
the memes
>>
>>63753624
Yes. I also do.
>>
>>63747669
I am thoroughly convinced that Reddit is a problem now...
>>
>>63747717
It's a bait designed to ensnare hyper douches who think Swans is the be all end all of music.
>>
>>63750434
I definitely agree with you, but Flying Lotus is fun as all hell.
>>
It's cute
>>
>>63754449
Anyone who's listened to Stonecutters can agree with this sentiment
>>
>>63752994
underrated opinion. agree btw.
>>
>>63747524
the world will never exhaust its demand for cute catchy pop songs
>>
It's happy pop music with less than 4 chords in 4/4 with a girl repeating a cute line with cute girl voice tone. It's really nothing more than pre-packaged consumer pop music for the radio, the music collections of little girls and sketchy fedora lords on 4chan.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.