[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Portishead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Portishead_-_Dummy.png (71 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Portishead_-_Dummy.png
71 KB, 300x300
What does /mu/ think of Portishead?
>>
Top tier strip hop
>>
Dummy is GOAT
>>
>>63731896
light 7 out of 10
>>
>>63731896
Hit and miss
Mostly miss
>>
>>63731896
The best
>>
awwwww yesahhhhhh
>>
>>63731896
Such a good album from such a good group
>>
>>63731896
They have released three equally spectacular albums and still remain a dominant force in the region of trip-hop.
>>
edgy 14 yr old girl music

sounds like shit these days
>>
That album is obviously fucking great although I kind of wore it out when I was still getting into music (along with Mezzanine)

Their 2nd album is really good too. I never really liked Third that much, although I'm in the minority there. Silence is a great song tho
>>
>>63731896
One of the only bands in existence with a straight 10/10 discography.
>>
>>63732526
Are you me? Fuck.

Dummy and Mezzanine are two of my favorite albums and Silence is hands down the best song out of their last album.
>>
>toy-like people make me boy-like
no thanks, mr! the album is a 6/10 overall.
>>
>>63731896
Literally every song except for Numb is GOAT. One of the most perfect albums I've heard, and I don't have many.
>>
>>63732635
i just realized i mixed this up with mezzanine. scold me, /mu/
>>
>>63732635
kek, man, are you stupidly confused or is just b8?
>>
>>63732688
>>63732665
so the first one. mezzanine has 4, maybe 5 top tier songs, but the rest is quite poor
>>
>>63732635
>>63732665
>>63732716
Blue Lines > Mezzanine tb-h family
>>
boring band
>>
>>63733151
boring post
>>
>>63731919
Kek
Way better name trip hop
>>
>>63731896
Portishead is pretty great. I don't like Dummy as much as their self titled album and for Three I have to be in a specific mood, it feels more committing listening to that album for some reason. The best album though is the live in Roseland one hands down, every song comes to live in a way that makes the album version sound weak and the slowed down sour times version is so fucking haunting.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.