[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You people listen to Mr. Bungle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 4082.jpg (49 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
4082.jpg
49 KB, 555x555
You people listen to Mr. Bungle?
>>
Nah I don't like circus music
>>
Hell yeah I listen to Mr. Bungle.
>>
>>63722396
circus music don't like you

honestly tho, the first album (which is the most circus-y) is my least favorite--it has great stuff but also some less memorable tracks.

disco volante, though--I can't get this album out of my head. I've seriously never been so addicted to a work of music
>>
>>63722491
>I've seriously never been so addicted to a work of music
that was me 2 years ago too
I hope you don't grow bored of listening to the album ever again
because I did
>>
THE SHINING SEARCHLIGHTS IN THE SKY
>>
>>63722539
THE RESURRECTIONS ARE DOING FINE
>>
>>63722341
Of course.
>>
Tries to do too much in their songs just for the sake of doing it.

California is their best album.
>>
>>63722654
To me, Disco Volaante is their only album that's guilty of this, but I still love it. For some reason the zaniness works on s/t, but it can drag on for a while on DV. I agree that California was their best album.
>>
File: mike-patton-yearbook.jpg (109 KB, 406x513) Image search: [Google]
mike-patton-yearbook.jpg
109 KB, 406x513
>>63722341
all their albums are great but Disco Volante is a masterpiece. i wish a Mr Bungle reunion again, their live shows are amazing
>>
I don't understand why people praise Disco Volante here religiously. It's probably the worst album of their entire discography. There's a point where they get lost and a little self-indulgent in jumping from place to place where it just becomes a jumbled, character-less mess. I think the sweet spot is self-titled and California. It's just a bit too much in DV.
>>
>>63722812
I have a good listening time with DV that I don't get with TMR
think of it like that
>>
Yes but not nearly as much as I do Faith No More

I listen to California the most though
>>
I've only listened to California. The first time, I got fed up and shut it off halfway through. The second time, I just didn't like it. I rarely ever get annoyed at music, but this album worked its magic. Are their other albums at least different than California? Keep in mind this was a long time ago and I forget what specifically pissed me off about it.
>>
>>63722341
that's a great album, op
and easily their best
>>
>>63722812
This is exactly my thing with DV. I love all their albums but this is what makes DV my least favorite. The highlights are as strong as any of their other work, but there are moments that just get weird for the sake of getting weird.

It's Mr. Bungle's most in your face hard to swallow album by far, and because of that it's their most divisive.

>>63723103
All three of their albums are extremely different, so that's worth keeping in mind. Although I will say, if California annoyed you that much I imagine s/t will only be worse, and you probably won't even make it through 30 seconds of Disco Volante.

Then again, I don't know what your style is, so you might actually love their other albums.
>>
Why is Goodbye Sober Day so good?
>>
>>63722341
this is their best album. california and s/t are more accesible indeed, but DV is more detailed, has a more profound timbric exploration, and they gave less fucks overall.
BECAUSE SHE COOKS, SHE CLEEAAAANS, SHE LIEEEEESS, SHE SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS
>>
I got into him from DJ Marky. Good shit.
>>
>>63722341
FUCKING BARRY MANILOW ON THE COPA COBANA
>>
Ronald McDonald just loves to get fondled
>>
>>63724641
>but DV is more detailed
Detailed it may be, but it's also a jumbled mess at points.
>gave less fucks overall
Exactly, but almost TOO little in my opinion. That's what I love about California. It's also very lush with instrumental arrangements but it's so focused.
>>
THE BENDS
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.