[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question: I'm playing a show in the future at which I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Question: I'm playing a show in the future at which I know my semi-recent ex and all of our mutual friends will be in attendance. If include a song about them in my setlist am I a shitty person?
>>
>>63718908
I vibe with the lighting in that picture. Eh, just play your songs. Although, I think it's kind of bad style to explicitly identify the people you write about.
>>
>>63719259
I mean I'm not going to say, "Okay everyone, this one's about ____! Are you ready kids?"
>>
>>63718908
Yes
>>
>>63719407
:/ How shitty? It doesn't directly identify them, and they'd probably be the only one who would know for sure it was about them.

idk it's a good song and I want to play it but I don't want to be a massive dick
>>
>>63718908
I really like this picture

and no not really I guess but depends what song
>>
>>63719467
In my experience I've had a friend that did this and it just seemed immature.
I guess it depends on why your ex decided to come to the show. If it's for any sort of stupid malicious reason, I'd say it's up to you.
>>
>>63719560
It's a nice picture

>>63719578
We both work at the same venue

Eh maybe I shouldn't play it
>>
definitely depends on the content of the song and context of your breakup
>>
>>63718908
Would you be willing to post the lyrics?
>>
>>63719879
Fair enough

>>63719975
Eh I'm hesitant because I'm pretty sure they browse /mu/, but basically it describes in abstract terms something that happened to the two of us after we broke up (no one else else was present). It's fairly narrative/symbolic, and not as much directly about the person.
>>
>>63720216
lmao its a girl it will be very unlikely she would understand any of it
and if its a guy
YOUR GAY! LOL
>>
Just play the song, don't give it an introduction. Let your energy and stage presence speak for you. You're not a 15 year old trying to get back at his cheating girlfriend. It's music, play the fucking song and have fun.
>>
>>63721179
Thanks Dad
>>
>>63721380
Knock em dead son.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.