[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright lets settle this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: floyd_1370863399.jpg (199 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
floyd_1370863399.jpg
199 KB, 1000x1000
What does /mu/ think of this album?

http://strawpoll.me/7242622
>>
Their best along with Meddle
>>
>>63718002
One of their strongest albums, imo. Loved all the songs, even if they're less memorable. You NEED a headset, though, but still enjoyable nonetheless.
>>
The ONLY soundtrack for current events, comrade.
>>
Not really a Pink Floyd album, but that's not a bad thing. This and Amused to Death are some of Roger's best work. The Final Cut, Not Now John, and Two Suns in the Sunset are all great songs. I also like When the Tigers Broke Free, but I don't think that's on every version of the album?
>>
It's okay
>>
>>63719786

Who /Pudhys/ here?
>>
>>63719816
I think not now john was actually one of the few songs not written by Rodger, but they needed a single.
>>
>>63719816
People always make the argument that this album isn't good because it's pretty much a Waters' solo album. But I don't know why that's a bad thing, I love both Gilmour's and Waters' solo albums.
>>
I love this album, it is so emotional. I listen to it when I need some feels. Great stuff
>>
>>63718002
Probably the best of their later years work, has some great moments like Sorrow, but overall not a particularly original or engaging album. 5/10
>>
LIKE THE MOMENT WHEN THE BRAKES LOCK

DUN DUN DUN
>>
Hold on

to the DREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAM
>>
I found out about Two Suns In The Sunset thanks to Scaruffi's review of Swans. It really is a fantastic song.

I have the album on the cd but I don't really take time to listen to it
>>
>>63721301
AND YOU SLIDE TOWARDS THE BIG TRUCK

*oh no*
>>
While I acknowledge that Pink Floyd (and by extent, Waters and Gilmour's solo work) aren't nearly as great as I thought they were when I was in high school, I still really love to go through them from time to time and have a nostalgia trip.

I never really appreciated The Final Cut and their earlier work until recently. It's not a bunch of fun psychedelic songs that people (like me) wanted and expected. I really like it now, as I really relate to Roger's fears about society falling apart.

I also noticed I don't really like The Wall anymore. The album, anyway. The movie, in my opinion, is still a masterpiece.
>>
>>63721430

YOU STRETCH THE FROZEN MOMENTS WITH YOUR FEAR

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>63719847
This.

Just okay; nothing more, nothing less.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.