[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most "tryhard" album to like? Like, an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 285x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 285x300
What is the most "tryhard" album to like?
Like, an album you can like, but, feels tryhard as fuck to like.

️️Pic related
>>
File: 1.jpg (40 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
40 KB, 500x496
It's supposed to be bad
>>
pleb
>>
what does "feels tryhard as fuck" mean?
>>
>>63708961
Like "im trying to show off my superior tastes XD"
>>
>>63708961
"I'm a pleb"
>>
>>63708980
literally nobody does this you meme man
>>
>>63708980
how can you assume that someone is doing that?
>>
>It's too challenging for me it must be bad music
Piss off m8
>>
>>63708961
Nothing but an excuse to not like something
>>
>trip who shows off his vinyl collection desperate for validation
>calls others tryhard
>>
File: Hella.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Hella.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
>>63708896
>>
>>63708896
I've felt that away about a lot of different albums until one day I just like it for some reason. I never understood harsh noise and thought people were just trying to be different but I genuinely enjoy some of it now.

I thought Metal Machine Music was one but it's actually not bad. Let me give Lulu a shot and get back to you.
>>
>>63709009
The golden record is not hard to get into
>>
>>63709067
Why does it make you feel "tryhard" then
>>
>>63709089
because Montie is irredeemably pleb and a massive faggot, why he even posts here still is beyond me. Here watch him cover an allvvays song.

http://tinypic.com/r/2ds3490/9
>>
>>63708961
it means he's assblasted because avant told him to go back to redbit multiple times
holding a grudge against someone naturally makes you see ulterior motives like that behind everything they do and say
so don't take it seriously
>>
I first heard "tryhard" in the context of video games
that is, someone who, in a competitive game, is overly serious and plays only to win the game, especially when utilizing tactics that are unfun to play against and hinder everyone's good time for the sake of their victory
in the context of video games, it has meaning, regardless of how you feel about that meaning

unfortunately, there are many inexperienced /v/ refugees who attempt to apply this concept to music, where it is utterly meaningless as there is no victory to achieve while listening to music

it's a foolish, image-obsessed word that says much more about the insecurities of the person using it than it says about whatever music is in question
in fact, it has nothing to do with music at all and doesn't belong in any reasonable discussion
>>
>>63709175
absolute truth
>>
what a petty thread
you really are the worst
>>
>>63709067
you're just regurgitating what avant math said to you in the other thread.
>>
Another thread where Montie gets btfo so bad he can't respond. Keep up the good work guys, he'll leave eventually.
>>
>>63708932
/thread desu
>>
>>63709330
More like im busy
>>
>>63709606
please respond to my question, friend >>63709004
>>
montie, why are you actively trying to tarnish your name?
>>
Not Available and Meet the Residents

anything by the Residents really. It didn't sound that bad, but it wasn't that great either and I feel like the only people that truly champion that stuff are Scaruffi drones
>>
>>63709834
>implying it wasn't already
>>
>>63709915
Duck Stab/Buster & Glen and Commercial Album are fuckin great

Took me yearrrs to get into them but once it clicks its just so...damn. There is hardly a precendent for them.
>>
>>63709915
i wouldn't know but they're probably the kind of band people appreciate for their ideas rather than just their sound
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.