[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aabama shakes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 0883870075060_600.jpg (42 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
0883870075060_600.jpg
42 KB, 600x600
Please help! if anyone knows how this song (sound & clolor) or band ( Aabama shakes ) are socially and/or culturally relevant contemporary or historically please let me know ?
>>
>>63707875
DONT WANNA FIGHT NO MORE AIIIIIIIII
>>
I don't understand what you're asking.
>>
>>63707875
Somewhere
>>
>>63707986
Over the dunes
>>
>>63707875
Underage b&
>>
I'm trying to do some research (but failing) on the cultural relevance that this song portrays, either through the lyrical content, the production elements that have been used just finding it difficult to pin point something that is worth writing about ect.
>>
>>63708017
I still don't quite understand what you mean. Are you asking if the song is culturally relevant, or are you asking if the band uses culturally relevant elements or... ? Is cultural relevancy the right phrase here?
>>
>>63708053
yeah I'm asking if this particular song is culturally relevant and if the song isnt is the band in anyway ?
>>
Basically everything he said but not the last part about it not the right phrase ?
>>
>>63708223
yeah basically
>>
>>63708116
Well, the album was #1 in America when it was released, but the song has only charted on rock and AAA charts. Is that what you want to know?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alabama_Shakes_discography
>>
Apparently the song is about an astronaut that's on a mission to find an earth like planet but is knocked off course while he's in cryo sleep and wakes up 500 years later to find out that his mission is a failure and he's the last of his kind drifting in space.
>>
File: 1406531249126.png (276 KB, 568x594) Image search: [Google]
1406531249126.png
276 KB, 568x594
>>63708350
That was a really good video.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.