[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of music does your average "nerdy" "hipster"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: modern male.png (621 KB, 784x333) Image search: [Google]
modern male.png
621 KB, 784x333
What kind of music does your average "nerdy" "hipster" listen to? People like pic related.

EDM? Chiptune? Indie Rock?
>>
pokemon theme ironically
>>
>>63705674
or the pokemon theme through a distorsion pedal with added feedback loops unironically
>>
regardless of the real answer, /mu/tants are going to just post whatever they listened to two years ago that they've 'outgrown' and which they'll come back around to in three years as 'underappreciated'

so thats what im posting
>>
>>63705654
first two are hipsters, third is a slight hipster metamorphosing into a neckbeard
also those genres are correct, but there's some legitimately great chiptune out there
>>
>>63705654
Music i don't like.
>>63705712
Good answer
>>
>>63705674
>>63705710

Show theme, or vidya theme?

>>63705712

I like your answer

>>63705732

True. Is chiptune limited to 8bit era sounds only? Because the SNES and Genesis also had some excellent music and I'd definitely like to listen to more stuff like it.
>>
>>63705654
>judging a person by his looks
>>
>>63705779
show theme

>>63705781
fuck off ugly
>>
>>63705779
vidya theme ofc

basically 8bit is part of the chiptune genre
>>
>>63705781

Looks are the main thing first impressions are based on, anon. All you have to do is shower daily, wear fashionable clothes (don't even need to be that fancy) and not letting yourself become a landwhale, and you'll be ahead of most people.
>>
>>63705796

Ah cool. So there's chiptune that sounds more 16bit. I'll look into that.
>>
Metal covers of show/videogames themes
Anything praised by Pitchfork
A few /mu/ core albums
>>
>>63705654
I was in a church small group and we were going around saying something about ourselves, normal stuff like "I have a dog named Pepper" and "I bungie jumped last year". So this one homie is like "Hey everyone I'm Evan. I'm into chillstep."

No one knew what the fuck he was talking about and it was pretty awkward. He looked like all these dudes
>>
Bon Iver
Fleet Foxes
My Morning Jacket
Conor Oberst
M. Ward
Iron & Wine
The Tallest Man on Earth
Grizzly Bear
Wilco
Spoon
Wolf Parade
The War on Drugs
Tv on the Radio
The Decemberists
Andrew Bird
>>
>>63705817
What if you have a jewnose or a burnt face?
>>
Washed Out
>>
>>63705861
having a sense of fashion and style can combat any sense of blemish or "ugliness" of the face
>>
>>63705861
>jewnose

Nobody cares unless you want to be a male model or something. For us regular people, it would go unnoticed.

>burnt face

That'd be pretty extreme. Although unfortunate, it's an even better reason for you to do the best you can with what you've got and keep fit, practice hygiene, and stay fashionable.
>>
Foo Fighters
Twenty One Pilots
The Lumineers
old scholl stuff like the beatles
>>
>>63705833
>genesis
check out the streets of rage osts if you haven't m8, they're great
>>
>>63705886
Essential tumblr-core
>>
>>63705654
whatever /mu/ tells them to listen too
>>
Nerdcore, nothing but nerdcore.
>>
>>63705844
all perfectly passable, acceptable, listenable artists
>>
>>63705654
I have to wear glasses but I don't want to look like this. What do I do? Should I get jacked or something? Wear combat trousers?
>>
>>63708208
Yep.

The "average" nerdy hipster tends to stay away from a lot of electronic music because they feel like it doesn't have the "soul" of "real" instruments.They might listen to a little EDM ironically. Like they'll make a playlist and in between Helplessness Blues and Chinese Translation they'll throw in a brostep track and ironically dance to it. Before Golden Age starts playing they'll warn you that Tv on the Radio make pretty weird music and you might not be ready for it.
>>
>>63709390
It's what's considered normal now. I see nothing wrong with it.

If you're going to go against the norm might as well do it right and become a punker or a metalhead or something.
>>
>>63709390

If that's just what you look like who cares? You shouldn't because nobody else will.
>>
>>63705861
my jew friend tell me who tried to kill you with fire
>>
>>63705654
Left - Mac DeMarco
Middle - Father John Misty
Right - Can
>>
>>63709390
Find a good frame that fits your style.
>>
Indie stuff, like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_TGvVK5KPY
>>
>>63705654
Electro swing
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.