[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Modern music would be much better of if rock just never happened.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: Cassie.jpg (69 KB, 700x669) Image search: [Google]
Cassie.jpg
69 KB, 700x669
Modern music would be much better of if rock just never happened.

True or false?
>>
And do you have any idea what that would look like?
>>
>>63700325
Who?
>>
Rock music popularised the idea of independence given to the people who create music instead of formulated pop groups and singers or more traditional composers. This gave greater artistic control to the music player to help bridge the gap between the performer and the artists by merging them into one.

Whether or not you like the style is something else, but rock music had a significant impact on our view of the popular music artist.
>>
the beatles*
actual rock music as in chuck berry shouldnt be held responsible
>>
False, then we'd just have nigger music.
>>
>>63700433
Rock enforced formulated pop groups, there was more independence in r&B, funk, soul and jazz than rock ever since.
>>
>>63700561
Rock is nigger music, it came from R&B and jazz.
>>
>>63700614
That's black music, not nigger music.

Chuck Berry = Black
Lil Wayne = Nigger
>>
File: 1447035361442.jpg (62 KB, 581x627) Image search: [Google]
1447035361442.jpg
62 KB, 581x627
>>63700614
>Rock is nigger music, it came from R&B and jazz.
>R&B and jazz.

These are the retarded /pol/tard refugees we share a board with.
>>
>>63700577
I think that by independence he meant freedom to compose. A large number of musicians before the 60s played mostly covers, and once the idea of a rock band came around, more people started to feel free to get their friends and start writing stuff together. I'm not saying that jazz, funk, etc. are any less credible, but it has more of a focus on playing covers and reinterpreting then than rock music did once it became established
>>
File: image.png (234 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
234 KB, 500x400
>>63700614
>rock music came from jazz
>rock music came from r&b
>>
File: rock.png (51 KB, 1053x685) Image search: [Google]
rock.png
51 KB, 1053x685
>>63700642
>>63700672
Retarded or just weak bait?

>Rock and roll (often written as rock & roll or rock 'n' roll) is a genre of popular music that originated and evolved in the United States during the late 1940s and early 1950s,[1][2] from a combination of African-American genres such as blues, boogie-woogie, jump blues, jazz, and gospel music,[3] together with Western swing and country music.[4]

>Rock music is a genre of popular music that originated as "rock and roll" in the United States in the 1950s
>>
>>63700642
/mu/ is my home board and the only board I browse and you're a fuckin moron
>>
File: wow.gif (798 KB, 500x212) Image search: [Google]
wow.gif
798 KB, 500x212
>>63700642
>>63700672
>>
>>63700738
Blues it what mainly led to rock music.

>>63701027
Cassie is such a qt
>>
>>63701449
Yeah, rhythm and blues
>>
File: Cass.jpg (40 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
Cass.jpg
40 KB, 400x550
Everything would be the same except none of the gazillion rock sub, sub, subgenres.

There is no non-rock music that wouldn't exist if rock never happened.
>>
no it'd just be different
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.