[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 300x300
Find a flaw
>>
The Seer Returns
>>
>modern rock music
>>
>>63698995
Terrible album art
>>
It's too long
>>
>>63699009
Get out Fantano
>>63699012
>>63699151
Awful b8

The main flaw is the pointless interludes like The Wolf and maybe Song for a Warrior. Also the ending of Apostate is a little anticlimactic
>>
>>63699171
hol up

the wolf perfectly sets the atmosphere for The Seer, album wouldn't be much different with its absence but i think it serves a purpose.
>>
>>63699201
I think it should have just been one track as part of the Seer. It doesn't have enough to justify it as a seperate track
>>
>>63699171
Not bait, I genuinely think this is horrendous album art
>>
>>63699215
What don't you like about it?
>>
>>63699215
And I genuinely think you have awful taste in album art
Plus, an album's art doesn't affect the music in anyway
>>
>>63699237
>an album's art doesn't affect the music in anyway
keep telling yourself that
>>
>>63699247
Wow congratulations you're superficial as shit and think that something as irrelevant as album art can affect the music which it just gives an image to
>>
>>63699409
Album art definitely affects an album. Look at Macintosh Plus. Would that album be literally anywhere without the album art? No, absolutely not. What about American Football? How iconic is that house on the cover and how much do you think it plays into the music on the album? What about album with really really bad album art? Of course it is going to influence your perception of the music, thinking otherwise is just unrealistic.
>>
>>63699409
Are you saying that the art on Loveless adds nothing to the album, and if it had different artwork it would still be the exact same album for you?
>>
>>63699409
>>63700035
>>63700076
Ok people the album art will not make or break an album, but it can provide context which can make an album better. Not everything is black and white
>>
>>63699409
You keep spamming your trip. Get filtered.
>>
>>63700076
>>63700035
I don't think bad art ever would really detract from an album, but good art can enhance it in a way. I don't think the American Football cover is particularly amazing, it doesn't really affect the music in any way for me. I think that albums who utilize the art to further explore the themes of the record (Loveless and Macintosh Plus are good examples) are the best kinds. But even if they didn't have any cover art I don't think it would really affect the way I feel about the music. It's more like the music affects the way I feel about the cover if anything
>>
>>63699161
Agreed
>>
>>63699161
Disagreed
>>
>>63700035
The album art might make an album iconic but it shitty art certainly does not take away from the quality of the album
>>63700076
More or less, although good album art can sometimes make the cohesive experience slightly more enjoyable
>>63701136
This pretty much
>>63701172
Congrats, you're the second person to announce filtering me
>>
>>63701364
Disregarded
>>
People constantly talk about it without saying anything meaningful.

overrated
find a flaw
worst swans album
best swans album
p4k

nothing about the music
>>
Needed more bagpipes
>>
drags on
>>
shitty post rock that does ever more to fuck up Gira's legacy
>>
>>63701546
I really liked the selection of instruments, they came together to make some really interesting powerful loud oppressive sound. Listening to The Seer gives me some of the same satisfaction of beating a difficult video game.
>>
>>63701558
No thanks. Bagpipes are the original meme instrument.
>>
>>63699009
That's the only track that's closer to earlier Swans.
>>
>>63699009
holy fucking shit I can't believe you just typed that you fucking moron
>>
>>63702075
desu I wish Swans would ditch much of the overblown post rock thing.
>>
File: 2013-05-29-Dutilleiux200px.jpg (38 KB, 200x299) Image search: [Google]
2013-05-29-Dutilleiux200px.jpg
38 KB, 200x299
Wasn't written by a trained composer.

Popular music BTFO
>>
>>63701602
>not launneddas
>not a pentatonic bone flute from 10,000 BC

you clearly know nothing about the history of pipes
>>
>>63702136
You're right. All I know is no one puts bagpipes in their music because they think it sounds good.
>>
To Be Kind is better desu
>>
>>63699151
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.