[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best show u ever saw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: john-maus-91.jpg (199 KB, 560x372) Image search: [Google]
john-maus-91.jpg
199 KB, 560x372
best show u ever saw
>>
Green Day or NMH
>>
Kanye on his Yeezus tour
that production value was fucking bananas
also he did some deep cuts. it was mental
>>
>>63690719
Is it true he gets really worn out towards the end and slows down?
>>
>>63690557
The most technically impressive, in terms of scale and production value, was U2 a few years ago. Hate them if you want, but oh my god do they know how to put on a show. Plus Interpol opened, so it was at least a little patrician.

In terms of emotions, I saw NMH on their reunion tour like a year ago and more or less cried for the entire concert. That was pretty wild.

Oh, and I almost died in the pit at a Gogel Bordello show (they opened for Primus), so that was fun in its own way?
>>
>>63690557

i enjoyed seeing tobacco at brooklyn bowl last year an absurd amount (and am going again tonight)
>>
Definitely a Dir en grey show, probably New York in 2013. After that, either Melt Banana or Jeff Mangum.
>>
>>63690764
he took a break midway through for a 20 minute rant, so im sure he got to catch his breath
dont really remember him being to worn out
>>
>>63690557
Swans, Gira is insane. it was a small room and they play so fucking loud... intense is the best description.
>>
File: image.png (425 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
image.png
425 KB, 500x359
>>63690925
>for a 20 minute rant
>>
File: img_1015editsmall.jpg (57 KB, 565x410) Image search: [Google]
img_1015editsmall.jpg
57 KB, 565x410
Fair to Midland at Trees when they were supporting Arrows and Anchors. Alsomon the bill were Scale the Summit and New Magnetic North. All the band's were awesome and FTM completely brought the house down. Only The Fall Of Troy ever came close to that level.
>>
>>63690868
Tobacco's live show is fucking ridiculous.

>>63690837
This is me again. I forgot the time I got like brownout drunk and wandered to see Interpol at my local venue, that was some of the most fun I've ever had. Steely Dan and Wilco were the two most musically flawless shows I've ever seen, but obviously U2's production value still was a thousand percent higher.
>>
>>63690919
what was it like being at a diru show?
>>
Flaming Lips on shrooms
>>
>>63690557
Lil B was the best show I've seen by far. It was cool seeing people from different scenes show up to a Lil B show and cook.
>>
A$AP Rocky's set at Flog Gnaw last year was pretty insane. Well, at least the crowd was since the whole thing felt like being inside a massive college party, but more like in the movies than real life. Being blazed and inside that giant moshpit during wild for the night was one of the most cathartic experiences I've had
>>
Cheap Trick at the Metro in Chicago about 6 years ago. They didnt play Dream Police or I Want You To Want Me. Instead they played He's a Whore, Downed, and Can't Stop But I'm Gonna Try. I can see why they called Nirvana the "Cheap Trick of the 90s".
>>
>>63691101
Was his live performance actually good though? I ask because I saw him in 2012 and it was one of the worst live performances I've ever seen. The entire time he was lazily rapping over a recording of himself and would often find himself lagging behind the recording, his flow was awful as well
>>
Justice. Best Live Ever
>>
>>63690993
Somewhere between emotionally exhausting, cathartic, and frightening. I've been to 7 or 8 of their shows and no other band compares to the amount of stage presence those guys have. Kyo in particular is just on a completely different level from what comes through in pictures and video. I don't think you can really explain it without going to one, highly recommend doing whatever it takes to catch them somewhere on their next tour.
>>
>>63691251
I can't remember, I was vibing to much to actually pay attention to the quality of it all.
>>
>>63691272
been a fan for ages but never seen them live, I'll look into it.
>>
File: alrambo.jpg (42 KB, 600x408) Image search: [Google]
alrambo.jpg
42 KB, 600x408
Weird Al, for real.
>>
Saw KC two years ago. Amazing shit.
Also saw Television last year, great too. Sadly no tracks from Adventure or s/t tho.
TMBG also puts on great live shows.
>>
>>63691337
He was my 2nd show ever. Back in 2002.
>>
Tie between And So I Watch You From Afar and Prince

runner ups including Death Grips and Neutral Milk Hotel
>>
>>63690557
Jesus and Mary Chain playing Psychocandy. It was better than the recorded version and it was for the 30th anniversary, which is crazy. Dino Jr and Yo La Tengo were amazing as well
>>
>>63690701
Green day doing american idiot all the way through was the best concert my dad ever went to, and he's in a country band/likes dadrock mostly etc

I saw them after 21st century breakdown dropped and they were still phenomenal, but they're a band that has too much trash in their discography nowadays
>>
>>63690939
did you see them in jacksonville by any chance?
>>
File: 81-03-01_Buenos%20Aires_01[1].jpg (198 KB, 472x348) Image search: [Google]
81-03-01_Buenos%20Aires_01[1].jpg
198 KB, 472x348
I caught them back in '81 during a vacation trip.

I
fucking
did
it
>>
the sopranos
>>
File: possesive panda.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
possesive panda.gif
3 MB, 480x270
Saw Yo La Tengo awhile ago, and boy does Ira know how to play guitar. It was definitely an experience of overly long noisy wankery that was perfection throughout.
>>
Yeezus tour
>>
death grips live in detroit
>>
Quantic
>>
Either Roger Waters performing The Wall, NMH, or Death Grips (it was their first show in a long time and they played a bunch of shit from Gov't Plates for the first time too which was pretty neat)
>>
File: justin fritz.png (594 KB, 1339x646) Image search: [Google]
justin fritz.png
594 KB, 1339x646
i saw grandpa lies again on new years eve and it was really cool. he started the set by asking people for snacks and beer and then he got naked and opened the bags and poured the beer on himself and was like "consume i must consume" and then he started yelling about this and that and people kept setting off fireworks
>>
Agalloch
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.