[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it better to suck live and great in studio or vice versa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
is it better to suck live and great in studio or vice versa
>>
>>63690079
absolutely subjective. Personally, I never go near concerts because I'm a busy ass man (with no money). However, sucking ass live essentially shows that you're not a very good musician/performer. You can still be a good artist.
>>
>>63691451
everything dis guy said
>>
Just don't suck; in studio or otherwise, period.
>>
>>63691451
how are you too busy to go to a show but also broke
>>
One band's live gear might sound great in one venue, but horrible in another (even if the same sq. ft.) Or even if you're to plug into a massive PA system network, it's got far more to do with areas acoustics than the artists' equipment.

It's difficult to sound check even in a tiny bar. Usually drums are overwhelming, and bass just go BBBBMMMMMM BERMMMMM BUMMM BOOOOOM. OR, the guitar/ vocals are just ear screachingly loud.
>>
>>63690079
why the fuck did u screenshot after you hit mute?
>>
look at kiss. they weren't the most talented musicians but they did put on one hell of a live show. the album that put them on the map was a live album
>>
>>63691451

Bullshit.

Being able to translate your work from a streamlined studio to a live raw crowd is a testament on the true greatness of a performer.

There is no difference between a musician/performer/artist. If you're shit live, and rely too much on the studio magic, than you're just a mediocre artist. If you're good on the studio, and suck live, than you can never be more than just a sub par performer.
>>
>>63695324
you basically said nothing at all... I dont understand how you wrote that and thought your opinion had any merit
>>
>>63695324
>There is no difference between a musician/performer/artist.
If you can't see the differencesbetween a composer/songwriter and a performer you're fucking dumb.
>>
>>63692557
hahahahaha

this is how I know the majority of /mu/ is underrage
>>
>>63695324
yeah, no
>>
Even though live shows are the biggest source of revenue, it would be better to suck live because less people would listen to you if you sucked in the studio. The only chance you would have at success would be hoping that someone lets you open for them
>>
>>63696831

Assblasted low income earner

Not that guy by the way
>>
>>63696617
Almost all opinions people have are about as meaningful as that. Literal verbal shit. Words strung together in the order they are excreted. I'm glad you're realizing this.

Admittedly this is a pretty tough question.
>>
>>63692557
in the real world people don't have all the free time they want m8
>>
You get more money from touring than from record sales, but most people won't see you unless they like what they've heard.
>>
>>63696872
Plenty of artists I love and respect suck ass live. Live rap is the worst, between the shady promotion/organization practices, Obnoxious DJs, terrible hypeman, bad sound, and the frequency of no shows/cancellations it's usaually a miracle for a concert to actually be good
>>
>>63695324
What does it matter what it takes to get to the final album, if I can't perform it live maybe I'm a bad musician but it shouldn't devalue the product
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.