[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you enjoy noise without drugs? Everyone I've talked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6
File: homepage_large.ce7d426b.jpg (143 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.ce7d426b.jpg
143 KB, 319x319
Can you enjoy noise without drugs?

Everyone I've talked to who genuinely likes noise is addicted to opiates or benzos. Which makes sense because I could not fathom how anyone could enjoy this garbage sober.
>>
You should separate yourself from those people. They sound like leeches.
>>
>>63683848
Probably but I'm a pill junkie so I don't know for sure
>>
i don't do drugs and i enjoy some noise
>>
I've only listened it sober, but I'm not a huge noise fan
>>
>>63683848
Yes, I do.
>>
I'm sober and I like noise. I'm not a fan of Pulse Demon though
>>
>>63683882
well I don't know anyone irl who likes noise, thank god
>>
>>63683848
Yeah, you can enjoy it, but since the music itself is conscious altering, any drugs enhance that fact.
>>
>>63683986
Nice pseudoscience. Your conscious is most likely "altered" already because you have some mental problem
>>
>>63683848
I love drugs and noise but have only ever listened to it sober
>>
>>63684015
>Your conscious is most likely "altered"
Note how he said "altered" and didn't specify any degree of alteration.
It's a meaningless statement, since it's a commonly accepted fact that music can influence people.
>>
>>63684061
Have you tried quitting xanax?
>>
I was as a couple noise gigs.
Both sober and completely smashed on various things.
The one I was at sober was probably the best experience and here's why:
The extreme volume itself is an intoxicating sensation, the dissonance, the discomfort.
>>
>>63684015
It just puts you in a different headspace, idk man, I didn't do experiments, I was just sharing my experience. Also, I'm sorry you are so surface level.
>>63684032
It is not meaningless because the headspace derived from harsh noise is distinct from the headspace of psychedelic music, for example. There is a much more "doomy" vibe given from noise.
>>
>>63684114
>There is a much more "doomy" vibe given from noise.
I really don't know what kind of noise you listen to.
>>
>>63684111
I try to ignore musical structure with most music I listen to, noise is just shit mostly because it's devoid of substance apart from meaningless randomness, which tends to be incredibly repetitive as well (most noise songs are very fucking repetitive for some reason).
>>
>>63684139
when you are 45 minutes into a meditation/HNW session, you'll know what I mean.
>>
>>63684183
>a meditation/HNW session
wow, you really are a pretentious fuckwit.
>>
no your friends are losers and those drugs make you black out they wont even remember yoh when theyre done
>>
>>63684178
>meaningless randomness
oh haha lmao, ok so you don't know how noise is made lmao.

you could criticize Mozart in the same way. It's totally meaningless random frequencies dude; artistic hogwash.

A lot of noise is not meaningless either, some stems from nihilist philosophy, some from weird fetish shit, others from individual body parts.

Noise has the same issue as vaporwave, it appears at first that it is easy to make, and it is easy to make noise/vape. It is not so easy, however, to create GOOD vaporwave or noise, so you end up with a lot of uninspired shit in both genres.
>>
>>63684204
wow, you are really an ignorant and close minded douchebag.
>>
>>63684252
>What the fuck is pretentious about meditation?
nothing.
Anon is just insecure or something
>>
>>63684204
simply ebin
>>
>>63684271
>you could criticize Mozart in the same way. It's totally meaningless random frequencies dude; artistic hogwash.
No you cant you fucking tard. Mozart created music that is meaningful to people with functional brains
>A lot of noise is not meaningless either, some stems from nihilist philosophy, some from weird fetish shit, others from individual body parts.
Most retarded, "I mix benzos with weed every day" overanalyzed bullshit I ever read
>>
File: 1452205412555.jpg (85 KB, 644x571) Image search: [Google]
1452205412555.jpg
85 KB, 644x571
I can enjoy harsh noise with or without drugs. I normally listen to at least 1 noise song when I'm getting high, but I still find myself zoning out to noise regardless.
>>
the only person i met who likes merzbow is a very fun androgynous girl
she smokes but i don't think she's addicted to opiates or benzodiapines
>>
>>63684352
Pointless message, adds nothing to the discussion apart from baseless accusations, might as well remove it
>>
>>63684317
>Mozart created music that is meaningful to people with functional brains
cool i didn't know he wasn't just good at using trope cadences to create an excessively detailed and flamboyant form of entertainment. People just need functional brains to understand an unexplained inherent meaning behind his work. Right
>>
>>63684317
I don't even know what a benzo is m8.
>Mozart created music that is meaningful to people
If a noise musician created noise which is meaningful to me (this is true), then you cannot criticize it in the way you did earlier ("meaningless randomness") since I have a functional brain and the music holds meaning to me.

Let's see you wriggle your way out of that.
>>
>>63684389
>accusing mozart of using tropes in the 18th century
Please stop sending messages
>>
>>63684373
yet you accuse people of mixing benzos and weed, a completely baseless accusation, mind you.
>>
>>63684403
you do not have a functional brain because you are addicted to drugs
>>63684405
not reading this message
>>
>>63684431
It's a logical conclusion because needlessly overanalyzing to the point of saying "this music was inspired by BODY PARTS" is something only the worst stoner would say
>>
>>63684432
What do you get out of being such a lil bitch boi, huh? are you happy you sick fuck? Go outside, read a book, learn something you sweaty NEETboi. shit.
>>
>>63684457
Must have hit you hard when someone called you out for the degenerate druggie you are
>>
>>63684448
Aube - Cardiac Strain, an album whose source material is recordings of a human heart
Aube - Blood Brain Barrier, an album whose source material is human brain waves converted to sound waves.

>logical
no it is non-sequitur, you are using your weird preconceived notions to draw conclusions based around your own subjectivity rather than fact.
>>
File: i dont even.jpg (18 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
i dont even.jpg
18 KB, 224x225
>>63684412
>>
>>63684492
Ok so it's not meaningless because it's literal recordings of the human heart. If I record my dog barking and call it noise I guess that wouldn't be meaningless either
>>
>>63684510
Ugh, the album is not simply heart beat, Aube takes the source and carefully crafts his music with varying degrees of intensity and emotion.

>hurr if I made shit noise would it be bad
of course you dim, daft dope
>>
>>63684531
>carefully crafts his music with varying degrees of intensity and emotion.
What a load of fucking horse shit
>>
>>63684545
read some noise related literature if you don't believe me, I'm not gonna keep proving you wrong. Go seek out information for yourself. There are countless interviews where Aube states that.
>>
>>63683848
Imagine how much nicer it would be to talk about noise on /mu/ were it not for that fucking album cover and the magnet effect it has on ADD-ridden sub-retards.
>>
Im straightedge and i enjoy it
>>
There's a quote by someone that goes "I love it when beautiful music tells me horrible things." Or something along those lines...
Sometimes when confronted with a wall of ugly cacophony, you can hear beauty...
Noise can be some of the most textured music ever, which is fun to pick @ certain melodies or tonalities. So go into it with an open mind expecting nothing serious and you might find something pretty sick in a good way.
>>
>>63684717
I will bet $1000 in bitcoins that you are on some kind of fucking drug
>>
I love some vomir when I'm coming down from acid... Don't really listen much when I'm sober but its kinda a flooding the senses kind of thing. Whether or not that means it qualifies as music is up for debate
>>
>>63684945
I had a coupla beers today and am currently drinking a cup of coffee, does that count?
>>
>>63684987
If your Brain ever released dopamine you're a druggie
>>
>>63684095
>>63684317
>>63684432
>>63684448
>>63684478
>They like something I don't like, they must be on drugs!
>>
Who else didn't come to this board to read about anons who use meditation as a hedonistic accessory (like noise)?
>>
i liked noise before i was on benzos desu.
>>
>>63684962
the debate would have to start with a working definition of music, which is typically subjective, so the debate always devolves into name calling because one person's definition does not agree with the other's.
>>
Sorry for the stupid question but what is what you call noise?

Obviously I know what the word noise literally means but it sounds like you use like a genre of music. Do you mean something like white noise?
>>
I've literally never done a drug and I like noise
>>
>Knowing people who confess to liking contemporary noise

Get away from them. They're juggalo-tier tumblr scene kids.
>>
>>63683848
Had a friend who took 2 tabs of acid and a xan at the same time and he complained the acid didn't work. Why can't people into drugs?
>>
>>63687715
tumblrnoise shits are the worst

>yeah i'm into noise
>pharmakon, posh isolation, i could go on...

faggots
>>
I like noise a little more when im sober but sometimes nothing feels better than getting blazed and lost in some sense textures.
>>
>>63687715
your self awareness turns me on, please fuck me i'm so fucking wet hrrgghgn
>>
File: 1398734015551.jpg (84 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1398734015551.jpg
84 KB, 800x600
I can usually only listen to harsh noise while sober, it fucking spooks me when I'm stoned.
>>
>>63687336
That's why it only matters why I like it and you can decide for yourself if you see the same in it that I do
>>
File: the killing sessions.jpg (15 KB, 299x300) Image search: [Google]
the killing sessions.jpg
15 KB, 299x300
I tend to use noise as a way to clear my head. If I'm having a horrible day and just want to feel nothing for a bit, I'll just put on a noise album (not a big fan of Merzbow) and zone out for a bit.

Pic related is one of my favorites.
>>
>>63687619
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4g2Zjolsa0&ab_channel=TheMerzbot
>>
>>63683848
Noise is one of the best genres to listen to sober, I'm not sure why you'd want to listen to it on drugs, there's better music for that purpose.
>>
>>63683848
I'm not a huge noise fan, but I can enjoy it sober.
>>
Drank some energy drink and now getting to work on my grad school assignment. Enjoying Pulse Demon.
>>
>>63690069
>Pulse Demon
You should expand your merzbow listening muh man
>>
>>63683848
pulse demon is shite and I love merzbow, this one got famous just for its meme cover
>>
>>63683848
I'm straight edge and I dig noise
So yeah you can
But I am a fucking spastic though
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.