[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the appeal of this band?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 810-BP7S0QL._SL1500_.jpg (245 KB, 1500x1375) Image search: [Google]
810-BP7S0QL._SL1500_.jpg
245 KB, 1500x1375
what's the appeal of this band?
>>
>>63671195
don't worry this is not for you OP, move on
>>
>>63671195
Cool textures and soundscapes. If you want something more accessible, check out Tycho. Glad to help. :-)
>>
>appeal
that's where you lost it
>>
>>63671195
What have you listened to? I'd recommend Music Has The Right To Children, Hi Scores, and Peel Session as their most essential releases. Their earlier stuff has I think their best use of timbres that evoke nostalgia and innocence as well as their best melodies. They have a great sense of midtempo groove too. Plenty of funk in their robots. It's great psychedelic music desu.
>>
It's calming, nostalgic, atmospheric and easy to listen to. I can listen to BoC when I'm just studying, or I can give an in depth listen while laying in bed.
>>
>>63671910
>It's great psychedelic music
people tend to separate electronic music from being psychedelic, because when they think psych they think of old psych like rock and roll, but make no mistake boards of canada is very psych influenced. their whole dark ambient nostalgic melancholy vibe is based on the psych experience
>>
OP was never forced to watch old nature documentaries in VHS during elementary school
>>
>>63672209
Yea, I feel like everyone who thinks psych is like Jefferson Airplane and Magical Mystery Tour haven't heard Can or Faust and tuned into psychedelia as just representing altered states of consciousness. But like BoC talk about how much they love Incredible String Band and My Bloody Valentine, who are totally psychedelic for different reasons, so this kind of illustrates the point.
>>
This album is like exploring an abandoned building
>>
>>63672299
BOC reminds me of some Chernobyl documentary I watched during the 90s
>>
just listen to aphex twin, he's actually skilled beyond
>muh nostalgah
>>
Nostalgia, man.
>>
>>63672473
BOC are more consistent and less self-indulgent than afx, though SAW is as good as anything of theirs. I'd go to autechre as a close point of comparison, the earlier stuff at least.
>>
Also, Music Has the Right to Children is miles ahead of Geogaddi.
>>
>>63672301
yes, thank you. I'm not OP btw.
>>
>>63672324
that sounds like it would suck
>>
>>63672720
I agree, though it's unpopular to say so as Geogaddi has surpassed MHTRTC in popularity on /mu/.

I love those short little vignettes that BoC do, but I feel like there are just way too many on Geogaddi. To me it breaks up the album.
>>
>>63671456
>check out Tycho
Ugh
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.