[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: godspeed.png (25 KB, 1040x89) Image search: [Google]
godspeed.png
25 KB, 1040x89
lol
>>
literally r e d d i t
>>
>>63663937
LOL
>>
UPBOAP
>>
>>63663979
Reddit > mu

Less shitposting and more mature discussion.
>>
>>63664011
(Experimental Rock)
>>
>>63664011
LMAO
Absolutely, m'sir! Upvote, for science!
>>
>>63664011
I'd rather shitpost with intelligent people pretending to be retards than attempt a mature discussion with retards pretending to be intelligent

bohemian rhapsody ass niggas
>>
Why do reddit users take themselves so fucking serious all the time?

Looking through /r/music and some of the lists that they write they really do have those "the list goes on" sorta tastes in music. It is honestly cringy. That whole Poseurcore thing about listening to music for attention is literally all reddit users taste.

>>63664011
hahah k, it's just as bad as this shithole if not worse. Instead of recommendations for obscure music it's just circlejerking about whatever band is the topic of discussion. That when /mu/ has the edge, the people on /mu/ usually have pretty eclectic tastes while 9/10 /r/music posters have literally the most entry level of tastes and have no want or drive to go beyond their horizons and discovery new music.
>>
>>63663937
>he goes on reddit ever for any reason

and you dare mock them?
>>
>>63664011
IMMABOUT TO LAY SOME TRUTH BOMBS ON THIS SUBREDDIT:

Music discovery: /mu/ > indie/hiphopheads >> lets talk music >>>>> /r/music

Music discussion: letstalkmusic > hiphopheads > indieheads >>>> /mu/ = /r/music

Not being salty assholes all the time: indie/hiphopheads > /r/music >>> letstalkmusic >>>>>>> /mu/

overall: indie/hiphopheads > /mu/ = letstalkmusic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> /r/music (even people on reddit know how shitty it is)
>>
>>63664109
Music discovery is:

blogspot > /mu/ archive > youtube full album hopping > discogs > /mu/ >>>> everything else
>>
>>63664022
The 'default subs are the only subs' meme needs to die
>>
>>63664109
Indieheads is good. Hiphopheads is total trash, full of children pretending to be black and calling Young Thug the greatest artist of our generation, while simultaneously claiming underground cred for knowing MF DOOM
>>
>>63664143
I'd switch the archive and YT hopping (and maybe put BC tag browsing somewhere in there) but yeah I pretty much agree. I was just talking about regular browsing on the places I was comparing.
>>
>>63664156
Ehh, I actually haven't browsed their in ages after losing interest in the hip-hop. It remember it used to be pretty good.
>>
>>63664143
>blogspot
which blogs? i thought all the good blogs and essentially the blog scene died w/ mediafire 5 years ago
>>
>>63664156
indieheads is fucking terrible dude. someone post the screenshot where they're discussing if plunderphonics is indie or not (or some shit)
>>
>>63664320
you post it you lazy mexican
>>
>>63664399
I'm mobileposting you gosh dang racist
>>
>>63664320
It's not without its faults (there used to be a "What is indie?" discussion nearly every week) but it's still miles better than /mu/ except for discovering obscure shit and downloading like leaks or shit. For getting music news and music discussion, and the small things like the community not hating literally everything and being able to make it through an entire thread without the word 'cuck' it's better than /mu/ though
>>
>>63664516
the problem with reddit is that someone can assert something totally false and based on nothing and people will find that it "sounds good" so they will upvote and this will be the top answer.

I prefer people shitting on each other until one is too covered in shit to continue.
When people argue here they don't do it for fake internet points they just do it cause they think they're right.
>>
>>63664709
>they just do it cause they think they're right
or they're b8ing
or memeing
the list goes on...
>>
>>63664955
well it's not new that you have to dig into the shit to get some quality content on 4chan

good way to hide it tho
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.