[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is experimental Hip hop AOTY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3
File: b5247444.jpg (286 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
b5247444.jpg
286 KB, 1024x1024
This is experimental Hip hop AOTY
>>
>>63653538
It's more parody than experimentation imo anon.
>>
>>63653538
This makes me proud to be British
>>
albums americans will never understand
>>
>>63653538
link?
>>
>>63655743
does it leaked ? Nothing on RU or slsk
>>
the what.cd leak is fake anon
>>
>>63655899
>>63655743
wait nah i found it. forgot it was under his alias 'babyfather'
>>
this is great shit. as usual can't tell why, but it's a great fucking album
>>
>>63656136
that 'this makes me proud to be british' loop is pretty obnoxious. apart form that album sounds sick so far
>>
link?
>>
>>63653538
This album art is abysmal
>>
>>63656290
why?
>>
>>63656163
it is but I think he's really trying to hammer and make fun of patriarchy
>>
>>63656290
it's pretty funny desu. he's clearly taking the piss
>>
File: 1434443294707.png (94 KB, 306x243) Image search: [Google]
1434443294707.png
94 KB, 306x243
>PROLIFIC DEAMONS
>>
>>63653538
also new Jameszoo and Moderat leaked. Today is a good day.
>>
>>63653538
That cover art is the epitome of memerap
>>
>>63656304
>why
Are you joking
>>
>>63656535
no
>>
baka desu senpai
>>
lank pls
>>
bump for link
>>
>what is the archive
http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/F5LYrOVS/file.html
>>
>>63657744
thanks passive aggressive anon
>>
NAZ is best track
>>
>>63655899
Does it leaked?

>try duolingo
>>
>>63657801
u smart

but Deep is #2
>>
this is UK's TPAB (and it's way better if you ask me but i'm not a big fan of jazz to begin with)
>>
Oh its another dean "the talentless hack" thread again.
>>
>>63653538
>tfw have British citizenship but only been there once
>>
Escrow 3 and Realness are the same track in my file? is it normal?
>>
>>63659663
the leak that came out. has horrible gap timing which ruins the flow of the album. and escrow 3 is supposed to be 30 seconds.
so Im guessing when Escrow says let me play the fucking tune, it switches over to Realness
>>
>>63658420
where do you live?
>>
>>63660482
DC

But this album still makes be proud to be British
>>
>>63660601
still, stay in the US m8 you're not missing out
>>
>>63661254
are you serious? Looking forward to voting brexit to send u scum back
>>
>>63653538
"Experimental" hip hop isn't a real genre of music. It has no defining characteristics which separate it from other hip hop subgenres. The qualifiers "abstract" or "experimental" are simply added on to artists by pretentious fans who like to suck themselves off and differentiate the art they like from the art other people like.
>>
>>63661922
The artist and label themselves has labeled this album
electronic,,hip-hop experimental grime
genre name themselves our outdated for this type of music. But for topics sakes I used that as a way to attract more ppl to check out this wonderful album

Stop this hateful projection and do not use the word pretentious again
>>
>british hip hop

You cornballs will never understand the genre stick to your classical faggot music. Fucking white people ruin everything
>>
>>63662093
shit b8 nigger
>>
>>63661980
I have literally no idea what you're trying to say. Delete this post and rewrite it please
>>
>>63662105
re read it
>>
>>63662099
How is it bait? Why do brits think they can rap? You guys sound like retards biting off our culture. Develop your own music you gap toothed bitch nigga
>>
It's fucking terrible, and I say this as someone who absolutely loves everything else this guy has put out.

What the fuck is even experimental about it?

The high-pitched voice repeating the same phrase for five minutes? The british guy talking over some boring instrumentals for like 75 percent of the album about crime and how much he loves music and being "real"? The random distortion/noise sections?

None of that is experimental or original and that's pretty much the whole album. And I'm not even saying it's annoying, it's just boring. It's almost like he wanted to make some kind of hip-hop Danse Manatee but COMPLETELY failed.

I give it a 3/10.
>>
>>63661744
>do you know what the brexit even means?
you really shouldnt be allowed to vote mate. this referendum is the worst idea OAT.
>>
>>63662093
>tfw dean is black
>>
>>63656290
get some taste, asshole
>>
>>63662133
WE
>>
Deans's been involved with literally 1 (one) decent release. Lmao, Ill-informed yanks with Anglo-fetishes
>>
>>63662727
>in your opinion
>>
>>63662769

yes?
>>
>>63662727
Americans don't listen to British hip hop. We think it's goofy
>>
>>63662829
yes
>>
>>63662849
im british and agree for the most part. do like dean tho.
>>
>>63662398
Stealth Intro is the best track of album
>>
>>63662849
And we don't listen to american hip-hop, we think it's niggery.
>>
Who even is this?
>>
>>63662398
I havent heard it yet, but are you guys sure it isn't a fake?
>>
File: rome fortune.jpg (234 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
rome fortune.jpg
234 KB, 1400x1400
This one gets my vote

until Dalek kills it of course
>>
>>63662955
Dean Blunt's side project Babyfather
>>
>>63662979
yeh. why would it be fake?
>>
>>63662398
I don't think you do like dean blunt. it's only leaked for a day and some of the tracks are messed up

give the album a week before you make hasty judgment
>>
>>63663037
someone having a laugh. I guess probably not if his vocals are there unless he's having one which is unlikely but who knows.

I really can't decide about Mr. Blunt. I feel like it's music that makes me think but the thoughts are just a gaping chasm that shows me nothing. Kind of a quieting thing about it though mentally which can be nice.
>>
>>63663142
I consider his appeal largely atmospheric on records like The Redeemer, where he can create such a sad mood with the instrumentals
>>
>>63662849
speak for yourself faggot
>>
>>63663186
But the ways he creates a mood are typically with cheesy hokey samples and stuff. It's all melodramatic to me, which makes it interesting in a different way. Like, you can't tell if he's putting you on or not. I think the most telling thing is that interview with Hype Williams where he says he doesn't want to be great cause when you get built up you have no where to go but down. It's getting kind of retarded though all the praise he gets. Literally every new album of his people say is the best thing ever. I've seen people say he's the best in the electronic music game today, and I don't get those opinions at all. I think he's an interesting artist though.
>>
>>63662980
until Bottomless Pit kills both
>>
>>63663142
yeh ive also seen a video lol, its pretty real. thats part of his appeal for me, at the risk of sounding like a faggot his music captures what it means to be british very effectively. listening to a dean album is never 'perfect' it does have short-comings and can have a sort of weird emptiness to them. but equally they capture a simple beauty and theres an inexplicable fondness i have for everything he does, kind of regardless of its quality/style. This for me is an excellent parallel with what its like to actually live in englad: unfulfilling, bleak and sombre at times but theres is something that i cant describe that still makes me love it.
>>
>>63663336
Ya I wouldn't necessarily back up any of those statements either, but that's sort of his style to throw seemingly casual or nonchalant samples into sad music to give it a weird dynamic. Definitely not the greatest electronic artist out or anything(right now I'd say Arca's on that throne) but ya definitely interesting
>>63663356
very true. what'd you think of Hot Head? I found it interesting but I haven't been able to fully enjoy it yet. But the same thing happened to me with Inanimate sensation and once I heard the rest of Jenny Death it fit beautifully
>>
>>63663142
nah its real
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ZlZ3NPhXI

I like dean because he's a complicated adhd pot head. his way of making music is the definition of postmodern. this song right here sums up his way of thinking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkZ-Cxa-PtU
it's literally a sample of britney spears-everytime. If I had to label him. I'd say he's a professional amaetur, making the best use of his ability that he can. his voice is horrible but in the context of his songs it fits perfectly. Same with his production.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.