[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pinkerton - Weezer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Pinkerton.jpg (297 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Pinkerton.jpg
297 KB, 1024x1024
Discuss
>>
the blue album was the height of their work. end of thread.
>>
it has a few good songs but overall its really overrated and pretty mid-tier emo
>>
File: blue.jpg (128 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
blue.jpg
128 KB, 500x500
It's Weezer's follow up album to their debut. It was just as good. Not better, not worse. Matt Sharp left the band after Pinkerton to form the superior band The Rentals.
>>
>>63646433

bretty good
>>
>>63646453
>Pinkerton
>Green
>Maladroit
>EWBAITE
>White

How can one anon be so wrong
>>
It's pretty great

Top 10 records.

Haven't listened to the rentals yet
>>
I want to squeeze young Rivers Cuomo's cheeks
>>
>>63646433
I liked this album when I was an awkward 14 year old but 10 years later when I listen to it I cringe and don't understand how people can enjoy the lyrics as an adult. The music itself is overall pretty great. Note the song "getchoo" is an exception is fucking god tier.
>>
It's a good album. It's not a masterpiece like some think but it's solid and enjoyable to listen to.
>>
>>63646433
>tfw the only person to ever ask me to dance in HS was a 18 year old half-japanese lesbian
i'm dumb.....
>>
>>63646523
i luvd the gren album
>>
It's one of my favourite albums of all time. Getchoo and Pink Triangle are good, but I don't think they're anything that special. Butterfly is a nice way to end the album, but it's also nothing special. Every other song is absolutely amazing though.
A lot of the B sides and unreleased stuff from this era was really good as well. You Gave Your Love To Me Softly, I Just Threw Out the Love Of My Dreams, and Getting Up and Leaving are all easily good enough to be album tracks. The ending bit to Longtime Sunshine is like the Weezer version of the Abbey Road medley (Even though one of the notes in Matt's part doesn't work with the rest) and Tragic Girl almost sounds like something off of Green but with the rawness of Pinkerton.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.