[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are the /Big 4/ of nu metal???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Metal-Hammer-Nu-Metal-Issue.jpg (606 KB, 610x835) Image search: [Google]
Metal-Hammer-Nu-Metal-Issue.jpg
606 KB, 610x835
Who are the /Big 4/ of nu metal???
>>
limp bizkit, linkin park, korn, papa roach
>>
>>63644379

That just shows how awful Nu-Metal was. Fucking hell, I forgot how it was pretty much the most pop metal has ever gone.

Anyway to answer the question, I would say....

Linkin Park
Limp bizkit
Korn
SOAD

I wouldn't consider Slipknot too much nu-metal tbjh, I think they got unfairly lumped due to being there when it was current.
>>
>>63644505
swap papa roach with slipknot and yep
>>
>>63644525
Slipknot's debut album was pretty nu-metal, but they definitely got away from that with the albums that followed
>>
>>63644525
Slipknot is more nu-metal than SOAD. Corey Taylor is rapping on their first album for Christ's sake.
>>
>>63644527
But Slipknot had nu-metal influence on literally one album
>>
Its clearly
Slipknot, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and Korn.

like thats not even an opinion its a fact haha.
>>
>>63644938
Was Mudvayne not that popular?
>>
>>63644525
I agree, it's an unfair grouping because aside from a few songs on the first album, Slipknot is kind of hazy when it comes to genre, but it doesn't sound like nu-metal (on Iowa and especially on Vol. 3).
>>
mr bungle
>>
>>63645008

Nah they were fucking shit, bit of a gimmick band
>>
Rage Against the Machine are also nu-metal whether you want to admit it or not
>>
Slipknot, Deftones, System of a Down, Rage Against the Machine

Actually those are just the only 4 good nu-metal bands.
>>
I never liked Korn when I was younger but now that I listen to a lot of death metal, black metal, sludge and all that other shit I find myself liking some of their music a lot. This is really heavy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYXXmR3jBmc

I'm actually impressed that Korn had some mainstream success considering they're not really that catchy or anything. Their music is just really hard and that's not a trait that your typical radio listener would enjoy. Okay /end blog
>>
>>63645008
They were, but they didn't stick. Probably to do with their crappy later stuff. First two records of theirs were cool back in the day though.

>>63645118
Deftones haven't been nu metal for nearly 20 years and SOAD have never quite fit into that bracket as neatly as some people seem to think. RATM are proto nu metal for sure but they're not grunge-influenced enough to be actual nu metal
>>
>>63645228
this desu
>>
>>63645008
LD50 is legit good
>>
Korn, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, and SOAD
>>
>>63645965
REARRANGING DIG
BURY MEEEEE
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.