[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To everyone who has it: how is it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
To everyone who has it: how is it?
>>
shit

made me kill myself
>>
WHERE'S THE LEAK
>>
>>63643695
Not their best, but noticeably better than Teens of Style.
>>63643945
I want my free vinyl senpai
>>
>>63644056
Where would you rank it on a list of their best albums?
>>
>>63644056
can't you leak at least one song. i want to listen to unforgiving girl :(

(i know you won't do it, but it doesn't hurt to try)
>>
>>63644146
Twin Fantasy
How to Leave Town
Nervous Young Man
Teens of Denial
Monomania
Teens of Style

>>63644175
would you risk it? free vinyl from will
>>
I sincerely think that no one on this board has it. If they did, they would've leaked it here already. Of course it was Reddit that snagged it, only they would be poor enough not to be able to afford a $25 record and would need to rely upon a handout from Will.
>>
somebody better leak it or im gonna do something terrible
>>
Go to bed, Will
>>
>>63645555
it's just a free vinyl... you can get it easily later :( if you leak it now, everyone will love you
>>
Bump for a leak
>>
Y
>>
>>63645514
Dude, I totally have it and won't leak it.

In terms of quality its good but there are a couple long songs at the end that are taking me a long time to feel. for some reason there are horns and pianos which just makes it quite a bit different and I mostly listen to Twin Fantasy so its not like I hate longer songs.
>>
>>63645514
Nah. I have the album. Personally I think it's great.
Unforgiving Girl, 1937 Skate Park and Fill In The Blank are really good, but I agree with
>>63647744
that the last few songs go on a bit long.
>>
What's this shit about people who got it for free? Was there some kind of giveaway or something?
>>
>>63648097
Matador Records uploaded the album to Bandcamp, but forgot to set it to pre-order before publishing it, making it available to download for about an hour.
As a result, several people (less than 30) have the album 2 months early.
>>
>>63648097
seconding this
from what i understand in this thread, people get a free copy of the LP if they dont leak the digital copy
what i want to know is how did you get this privilege
>>
>>63648176
Will promptly sent an e-mail to everyone who managed to snag it, personally asking them to not leak it. In return, he agreed to send a free vinyl copy of it to the early buyers if they don't share it.
>>
>>63647744
i don't wanna be a dick, but i doubt you have the album. if you screencap + post the email you were sent you got, i'll believe it.
>>
File: tumblr_nl1xxcXciy1qz9v0to1_1280.gif (177 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nl1xxcXciy1qz9v0to1_1280.gif
177 KB, 800x800
Do Vincent and Drunk Drivers sound different from their single versions? I've heard that the version that was posted with the full album on Bandcamp for that short period of time was a review copy?
>>
>>63648264
The versions that are available to preview on the Bandcamp page are exactly the same as the album version.
>>
Hey Will, your mullet looks as hideous as your whiny shit emo music sounds.
>>
File: 12314124.png (122 KB, 739x201) Image search: [Google]
12314124.png
122 KB, 739x201
>>63648313
I don't think that was always the case, though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CarSeatHR/comments/4bs5mz/you_can_buy_teens_of_denial_right_now_on_bandcamp/
>>
>>63648200
>>63648208
How the fuck is he gonna know who leaked it and who didn't though

That kind of sounds like an all-or-nothing deal
>>
>>63648372
Nevermind, disregard this post. I just suck dick at reading comprehension.
>>
>>63648374
The amount of people that actually have the album is so small that it's actually pretty fair. The type of people who managed to get it within an hour are bound to be dedicated enough to respect Will's request.
>>
>>63648208
yeah, the deal was that if anyone leaks it, than no one gets the free vinyl. the whole ordeal with the email sounds shitty and it's made me respect the dude a little less. it just pit fans of his music against each other.
>>
File: LOLIMAVIRAL.jpg (303 KB, 956x450) Image search: [Google]
LOLIMAVIRAL.jpg
303 KB, 956x450
>>
>>63648466
I mean it sounds like a raw deal but what else is he going to do? It sounds like he was trying to quickly figure out how to stop people from leaking it and just settled on free shit, it's not a great solution but it'll work
>>
>>63648498
I think part of the plan was to do it quickly and discreetly to avoid pissing people off, and to avoid teasing fans who really want the album early.
>>
File: 5pqRRPZ.gif (833 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
5pqRRPZ.gif
833 KB, 480x270
I don't get as to why no one's posted what he said exactly in that email. Does that prohibit you from free records too?
>>
i knew willard in college

he is an untrustworthy lizard man
>>
>>63648522
>>63648539
Actually scratch that, in the email he says
>In the meantime, enjoy your early download of Teens of Denial, and tell everyone how good it is.
>>
>>63648372
i have noticed that it seems like a bunch of music publications have early copies of the record too. i hope one of those is bemused enough to leak this shit just because. the fact that this is already out there with complete rando fans is so frustrating.
>>
File: promo.png (205 KB, 1119x611) Image search: [Google]
promo.png
205 KB, 1119x611
>>63648643
yes, media outlets have had the album for months and it hasn't leaked. anyone could show the same level of discretion if they see a reason to.
>>
>>63643695
Ha, I just looked at the bandcamp page and saw the credits listing Jon Maus on trumpet, and was like What?! not John though.......
>>
is there like some kind of blood pact the 13 posters in this thread can do to swear to secrecy
im sure one of the 13 of us has it

please i need new csh
>>
>>63650128
I have it, and the other person in this thread seems to have it too. I'm not leaking, doubt they are either.
>>
>>63650128
i want it so, so bad :((( i search for "teens of denial" like every hour on soulseek. knowing that some fans already have this album makes the wait soooo much worse
>>
>>63650220
fair enough
>>
>>63650220
Do you have a watermarked copy?
>>
>>63650461
Nope, from the official Bandcamp.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.