[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skrillex is one of the best producers of the 21st century and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
Skrillex is one of the best producers of the 21st century and you can't convince me otherwise
>>
>>63637766
Not a very brilliant thread then.
>>
>>63637766
Skrill is honestly Phil Spector-tier
What a genius
>>
File: 443px-Skrillex.jpg (42 KB, 443x600) Image search: [Google]
443px-Skrillex.jpg
42 KB, 443x600
>>63637766
i agree
>>
>>63637766
Skirllex is fucking a genius.
>>
>>63637766
Trash bro step, that everyone in dubstep has to thank him forsky rocketing the genre.
>>
people on /mu/ aren't as negative towards skrillex as they could be because everyone knows he's a cool guy
>>
File: nigel-godrich_jpg_630x600_q85.jpg (35 KB, 630x418) Image search: [Google]
nigel-godrich_jpg_630x600_q85.jpg
35 KB, 630x418
Nope, this guy is
>>
>>63637766
Yeah I think he's really good a producing and creating unique sounds it's just a shame that some of it is artistically empty and also really shitty producers copied his formula exactly to bring about brostep causing it to peak to fast and then crash.
>>
>>63638195
He's hardly a cool guy, he's a whiny faggot who gets his boipussy pounded by diplo on the regular. He does make good music however, excluding the Leaving EP. Only fedoras think otherwise. People say he ruined dubstep when Skream was going in the same direction towards the end of his career.
>>
>>63638240
This. It's creative, but I'm all of his stuff is like a blues player making up a new turnaround and then only using that in every song forever. He made a bunch of stuff up and now over uses all of it.
>>
>>63637766
That's nice, OP. I'm happy for you.
>>
>>63638240
He's teaming up with more unique artists now though, putting his production to better use. Like he did some work for Yeezus, and he did some songs with M.I.A. on her upcoming album. Diplo probably helped him branch out in that regard.
>>
>>63638334
>>63638240
He really only started going stale on Bangarang, but there's a few recent singles and collabs that he's still sounding fresh on. I'm glad you both recognize his talent though. He was interesting as fuck on the debut and literally changed the game with Scary Monsters
>>
>>63638214
Nigel Godrich can suck a fucking dick. He's the worst musician since radiohead.
>>
>>63637766
>and you can't convince me otherwise

/thread
>>
>>63638326
uhm, no. leaving was musically actually pretty interesting, especially reason was actually really cool, so was the titletrack (scary bolly dub was just a filler). wish he would have continued on that route, his last few remixes have been really formulaic and boring
>>
>>63638426
I mean, excluding the hundred waters-thing which sounded fresh
>>
Every time Skrillex is mentioned some fag crawls out nowhere cursing him for ruining real dubstep. As if it's in anyway his fault.
>>
>VI - VII7 - i

>>63638377
>changed the game

Skrillex is a lucky fucker because the music that he legitimately enjoys making in privacy happens to be very palatable for the masses. He uses one chord progression on everything. From FFTL onward, people only told him nice things, clearly shut people out who didn't tell him nice things, and seems to have a difficult time using the word "no".

His self-released music is pretty good, but his most respectable days are behind him. He's a faggot and he's never gonna step his game up. He's got a great soul, and great natural talent, but as it stands now, he's a petulant child who's given himself very little room to grow in a meaningful way.
>>
I don't know, the kind of basslines he got famous off were being done to some extent by Neurofunk producers before he got a hold of them.

>>63638326
That isn't true though, when Skrillex released his debut in 2010 Skream was still making shit like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffkNrxHGk1k
It took maybe a little longer for him to start ruining his career, and even when he did it wasn't with brostep style tracks.

You could say that Brostep's origins might be Coki but it was probably Rusko and Caspa that made it turn into what it was.
>>
If it werent for Skrillex I would have never gotten into ~real dubstep~

so thanks sonny
>>
>>63638489
Nobody ITT said that...
that was Borgore's fault.
>>
>>63638489
As if there is anything to ruin anyway. Its the plebbiest genre. Requires the least artistic merit to make a song. Everyone emulates everyone in it now so there is no originality. The problem people have woth skrillex is he came out of no where from being in a popular screamo band and then comercialized dubstep and reused his formula over and over again. I dont have a problem with Skrillex as much as I have a problem with the genre.
>>
>>63638326
>he wouldn't engage in homosexual activities with Diplo
>>
>>63638717
>Requires the least artistic merit to make a song.
Lel.
>>
Bassnectar shits on Skrillex
>>
he improved dubstep
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULS27Wak6-8

still the best song he's done by far
>>
its your problem that you will never enjoy good music in your short life.i hope one day you recognize that you only able to make about 80-100 spins around a giant fireball before you get buried for eternity and you never even listened to good music.when that feeling hit you it will be too late.
>>
>>63638837
what's the point you're trying to even make there pal
>>
>>63638904
>Skrillex is one of the best producers of the 21st century and you can't convince me otherwise

i just told him that its okay that he wants to be a music illiterate faggot but he will going to regret it later.
>>
He is definitely one of the best electronic producers.

He's just not a good musician. Or, at least, he chooses to make bland music only for its popular appeal.
>>
>>63637766
This is a waifu thread. Using the word 'producer' doesn't make it otherwise.
>don't worry, OP. we know it's strictly 'no-homo' with you ;)
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.